Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Rainy Day-Hard to Stay Awake

This morning I awoke to a rainy, dreary day.  The birds were singing and visiting our feeders so that helped a bit.  I tried to get some things done at the computer, but kept nodding off.  I had to get up and do some jobs around the house to wake up.  I'd rather not have to do that if you know what I mean! LOL  I'd rather be stamping! 

This is my card for queen for the day.
Here's my card to honor Barb this week. I have to tell you I'm going to have to go back and find some more to make. I love the variety in your gallery Barb.
I chose this card to CASE
I used copics to color the giraffe. I added the cute buttons and used my Core'dinations espresso paper from SU which was put through the cuttlebug using my giraffe embossing folder. Then I sanded it and I love the look. I also used my baby feet embossing folder and punched out the heart and added the words. Thanks Barb and enjoy your royal week!
Here's a double challenge card. I made this for today's color challenge using turquoise, pacific point, and navy. I brayered colors onto paper then spritzed the baroque motif stamp and stamped the paper. I leave the stamp there a bit to make sure the water has time to work. I used SU's label framelits for the original cut piece. Then I traced that same framelit and cut it out to form the navy backing behind the image. I added a saying from Inky Antics called special boy cocoa. I also added navy and turquoise ribbon where the color meet.
Tonight at our Bible Study we were reading 1John and talking about how our love of God shows in what we do for God and others.  We talked about the balance between being a good steward of what God has given you.(home, car, etc.) and doing things because of how you feel.  Ex. buy a BMW because of how you feel when you drive it, and how others look at you and think of you when they see you get out of the car.  As opposed to buying a car that fits your needs.
  We talked about how we show love and how hard it is to stay focused on God doing things through you.  We often do things, and say it was God's idea when it really was our own, for our own pleasure.
It's so hard to remember to clear your mind and ask God to work through you for he will do things you never could do without him.
I liked the message of this song.  Give it a listen.

The Proof of Your Love by For King and Country


I picked up Ben and Sarah from Grandpa's house today.  He was upset about the headstone for Mom's grave and is continuing to battle things out with the funeral home.  He takes my SIL with him.  It seems each sibling is helping with different things for him.  That's the way it should be;everyone doing their part.

When I came to pick the kids up Dad said I had to wait a few minutes because Little House on the Prairie was finishing and he wanted to see how it ended.  Just then the phone rang and it was my SIL so Dad talked to her for about 20 minutes.  By the time he was done, I had to listen to his conversation again as he told me step by step what was wrong.
I then gave him the document he needed to sign and he had to write out a check for something.  After that we had to leave.
Tonight around 7:30 the phone rang and it was Dad.  He wanted Sarah to tell him how Little House on the Prairie ended! LOL  What a hoot because the kids say that Dad says he doesn't really like the show, yet watches it every time they are there!  Too funny.

Blessing of the Day:Our Bible Study went well and kids are home.
Thanks for stopping by.
For those of you who are counting, today is 8 more days until I go back to work.(Did you hear that Hope?) LOL
Blessings,

No comments:

Museum, Flowers and Cards

 The Cleveland Children's Museum Friday, my son and I took his daughter to this incredible Children's Museum on Euclid Ave. at 40th....