Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Stamping with Karen-Redbugdriver

What a wonderful day I had.  A friend I met from Splitcoaststamper.com, named Karen came over.  We enjoyed talking, laughing, stamping and of course eating.  We both made a telescoping card which was in the newsletter from SCS.  Here's my card.
Here's my card for the telescoping card challenge today. It's also the TLC349 challenge. I used the bleeding hearts stamp from psx and colored with copics. I used a heart embossing folder and added a small saying so it wouldn't take away from the image. Can't wait to try this again. Thanks Holly and Beate.
A BIG thank you goes out to Karen S. for letting me stamp some of her cute little Pure Innocence  girls. This one is from the set, Crazy for Daisies. She is colored with copic markers and cut out with the labels framelits by SU. I used the tiny flower punch and cut petals all the way around and added a small purple flower to the middle. I added crimping to the purple paper then added daffodil ribbon. I embossed the background with daisy-like flowers and added two more purple flowers at the top. I had lots of fun with this. The yellow flower is a Martha Stewart flower.
You might remember that my DH Tim's hobby is fish.  Well he has these giant fish in a tank in the basement and has been waiting for them to spawn,   Here's a picture of the eggs on the rock.  Some have hatched and are now called wigglers cuz they have wiggly tails and a yolk sack that they get their food from.  The parent fish look like this.  I love the pink around the adult edges.  Looks like they were colored with copic markers. LOL!
You have to separate the fish from their eggs or they will eat them.  Ask me how I know.....Fish aren't that smart.  Imagine the size of their brain.
 Here's a new ad that Stampin' Up is running.  Seems the women see the humor yet the men don't.  I don't get it!
I heard this song today and it really touched my heart.  I especially like these words:
Your love never fails, never gives up, never gives up on me.........
Thanks for stopping by.  Tomorrow I have a lunch date with Tim.  We'll get something to eat then walk around downtown Berea, Ohio.
Blessing for today: I got to spend time with Karen, laughing, stamping and eating.
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...