Friday, August 17, 2012

Exhausting Friday

Today was a busy, busy day. I began the day meeting Patti, my assistant at work to organize our desks and finish unpacking boxes. It was a nice, cool day so that was in our favor.

 Ben came along to put together our computer table which holds 6 computers. That was a huge job, moving things to get the table near the computer hook ups. Then hooking up each computer took time as well. I fed him lunch from Wendy's. It's the least I could do for all of his help. He did things that I couldn't do. I'd have to wait for the computer guys and that might be Sept. before I'd see them.

Once we got home we ate lunch then I had to take Sarah to Target to find some things for her friend's birthday.  It's amazing how Sarah's matured.  It only took us 10 minutes to find something!  It used to take an hour to get a decision made to purchase things like this.

We came home so Sarah could brush her teeth and go to the dentist.  I sat in a chair after dropping her off and fell asleep.  Poor Sarah she texted me twice, called on my cell and finally woke me using the house phone!  I was tired and sore.

When we got home Sarah told me she was too numb to eat so she'd find something later.  I emailed Tim that we were on our own for dinner, so we went out!  Woot!  Love it!

When I got home I had to finish cutting paper and pulling things together for my class tonight.
I finished class by 9 and need to clean up but I"m too tired.  Tomorrow's another day right?

Here are the things I made:

What a fun challenge today Jeanne. I used the bag in a box with F4A13 which was to use buttons and/or bows. I used Orchard Harvest design paper and the subtles button collection. The lace is from SU
I think I like this so well, I'll use it at my class tonight! Thanks Jeanne!


Here's a card I made with this inspiration.
http://www.leifshop.com/collections/...breakfast-tray
I stamped the leaf with lucky limeade and added the bird with primrose. I used tangerine ribbon and small flower buttons from SU. The designer paper is Floral District. I traced the flap of the envelope and added it to the outside of the envy.
Here is a picture of my inspiration for this challenge.


  orchard harvest is the designer paper I used for this card. Here is my inspiration.
http://www.leifshop.com/collections/...us-flower-tote
I colored the corn with markers, stamped the jar with black and the top with limeade. I put the jar together with dimensionals and added the banner at the bottom. The background is embossed with the Su stripes folder.
Here's my inspiration for this card.


Here's my card for two challenges. The first one is Teapot Tuesday for James who is 3, with cancer and loves pirates and dogs. The second challenge is today's ways to use it challenge to make a card using school tools. I used paper which there are many crumpled up in schools and a map with a compass rose. I also used another school tool, the computer to find and print out the map and image. :)
This was an image from the internet that I distressed with Linen, tea, and walnut distress inks. I crumpled up the paper then ran the walnut stain on the edges to make it look torn or burned. I hope little James likes this card.

As I was on FB today I found a few things I liked.


This is the song, Finding Who We Are by Kutless.  Take a listen.
It's time to organize and get ready for some sleep.
Tomorrow I get to stamp with a friend.  Can't wait!

Blessing of the Day: God gave me a bit of rest and I got to go out to eat with Tim.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

2 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

Busy day. Love your creations. That bag box is adorable with the buttons.

Leslie Miller said...

The school year is almost upon us. Stamp while you can and enjoy the rest of the summer. Hard to believe it's going by so fast. It's always a delight to see your creations and know how much you enjoy your craft. Really love the bag with the buttons. So cute!

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...