Saturday, August 25, 2012

Saturday Is Another Jammy Day

I had a great friend over last night. She's a first grade teacher who has a very active group of students. I invited her to dinner knowing her husband would be at work until late and she needed therapy. Stamping is our therapy. Here are some of Emily's cards from last night. Aren't they sweet?


Here's my first card from last night.  I just received the Grand Flower Box. from Poppy Stamps, so I used the retired set Pocket Silhouettes to fill it. I sponged gray around the box and amethyst around the image panel. The box is mounted on dimensionals. I used the new SU embossing folder called Lacy Brocade. The flowers are amethyst and eggplant with garden green leaves.
 Same card but I used pretty in pink and pixie pink inks.
Here is the picture of my inspiration for this card.
http://www.windandweather.com/birds-...use_p1622.html
I had lots of fun making this card, but it took forever because I kept thinking of other things to do with it. I used the wood-grain embossing folder then ran soft suede ink along it. I chose striped brown wallpaper so I chose crumb cake paper for curtains where I used a Martha Stewart punch for the lace. I used the Large Flower box from Poppy Stamps and filled it with flowers from the SU Itty Bitty Punch Pack using pixie pink paper. The leaves are from an EK punch.

 For this card I used the Peek A Boo Pure Innocence image in front of the window.  I added texture behind her with the early espresso core-dinations paper from SU.  I used the wood embossing folder then, sanded it with a sanding block. She is colored with copic markers. I added the leaves with the ek leaf punch and flowers from the triple punch pack from SU.

Blessing of the Day: Got to be in Jammy's all day.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,
 

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...