Wednesday, August 1, 2012

This is Chic-fil-a Day

I came across this saying today and had to pass it on.

 "Our culture has accepted two huge lies. The first lie is that if you disagree with someone's lifestyle, you must fear them or hate them. The second lie is that to love someone means you agree with everything they believe or do. Both are nonsense. You don't have to compromise convictions to be compassionate." --Rick Warren

This card was made using the tutorial on Andrea Hayes' blog.
http://stampembellishcreate.ning.com...sg_mes_network

What an amazing technique this is. I had lots of fun playing with different colors of reinkers.
Check out the video for the how-to
I stamped the flowers from Serene Silhouettes then added a black border, daffodil ribbon and the word window punch for the saying.
I'm so glad this will go to a tea party attender. I hope it will brighten their day. My image depicts a hot, sunny day. That's what we've been having here in Ohio.


 Here's my card for today's sketch challenge. I stamped this cute little cat when Pam was here so I don't know who makes it. I colored the image with SU inks and an aqua painter. I sponged in raspberry ripple around the edges. Versamark was colored on the envelope then iridescent ice was applied and heated from underneath. I heat from underneath so I don't burn it. I stamped the small flower from Betsy's Blossom then punched it with the large flower from boho blossoms punch. That was added with a dimensional and I added a rhinestone to that. The image was cut using the scallop square die.
The card base is white with designer paper called Floral District. I added raspberry ripple ribbon.
 This card was made using the tutorial on Andrea Hayes' blog.
http://stampembellishcreate.ning.com...sg_mes_network
After I finished my first, full sheet image with this technique, I tried one using SU's block H. I loved this smaller image also.
Check out the video for the how-to.
I added black paper behind the image with perfect layers. I also used the wide oval punch for the words. Navy ribbon and dimensionals were also used. The item I dusted off was the watercolor paper. It's been so long since I've used it that I still have the smaller sheets. LOL
 Check this out.....Would love to believe that this really happens and that this isn't staged.  I know I pray for all of the people involved in the surgery including the dr.'s and nurses.
 Do you believe this?  Do you act like this? Do you live like this?  Do you love like this?  I'm working on it.
Today was a busy day.  I went to the dr.s and told him my hip pain is getting better with P.T.  So I'm to keep it up and see him only if it's painful again.

Next I went to downtown Berea and had lunch with my hubby.  What a wonderful time.  We sat in the sandwich shop then walked a ways to the square and sat on the benches there.  It was a beautiful sunny, blue sky, breezy day.  It was just perfect!  Love spending lunch time with Tim.

Came home and my dear friend Val was here.  We played with the reinkers and got some fun results.

Thanks for stopping by today.
Blessing of the Day: Tons of people supported Chic-fil-a today based on freedom of speech.
Blessings,
 

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...