Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sunday Stuff

As promised, here are the cards we made Friday night at our make it take it night. The first card was inspired from Hope.  You know, THE Hope that I tease all of the time on this blog.  She sent me the get well card on the bottom with the cute faces.  It was just what I needed. I was so busy I didn't have time to get cards ready until Friday when I got home.  I received Hope's card at noon Friday. Thank you Hope and God for your timing!
  I embossed real red paper and cut out 1 3/8 squares and used a circle punch to cut the opening for the tissues.  You could also use the ticket punch.  I added green paper and put it on daffodil paper.  What a blessing Hope!
 Here is the second card we made.  I love how easy this bib is.  You take any size rectangle, round the corners cut out the scallop part then add ribbon to the back of the card and tie in a bow.
To make the scalloped part I used my circle punch first then the scallop punch.
 The last item was this cool cookie and tea holder.I got the directions from   stampinwithniki.blogspot.com
 Here is the last card we made.  It is the watercolor acrylic block technique.  You put drops of ink on an acrylic block then spritz it with water then turn the block over and stamp on watercolor paper.  Dry the paper then stamp on it.
Blessing of the Day:Tim and I did our couples Bible Study homework after church.  I know he doesn't like to do this but that's how much he loves me.
  I got to pray with a pastor's wife tonight over something that's been going on here.  It was a wonderful time of praying to God with her.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

 

1 comment:

THE Hope said...

So glad you found inspriration from my card. Rose and I got together to play last Saturday and she had seem this card a while ago so she was on a search for face stamps. We can also use them on pumpkins for fall cards. When I saw that you weren't feeling well, I knew I just had to send you one!!! Oh and I mailed the 2 day envelope on Monday or Tuesday. Grrrrr ... Oh well. Glad you enjoyed it. Take care and I hope you're feeling better.

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...