Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Day After Sandy-Still Wet and Soggy

Today we continue to have rain falling and lots and lots of people without power. What a sad, sad thing, this storm called Sandy. It has changed so many lives. Some have lost their life to her. I'm thankful that being here in Ohio, we've only gotten a small taste of her fury.

 Today we celebrated Halloween at school. If there's one day of school that I hate, it's this day. We worry about educating our students yet today from 1:05-3:25 Halloween parties played in each room. 2 1/2 hours for Halloween games, and food. Something's wrong with priorities here...........tell me I'm not the only one who thinks this.

 In our area, Trick or Treating has been moved to Sunday where the weather will be nicer and dryer. Yippee! Another day to celebrate. Sorry about that, but that's what happens when you have to spend the day with wild kids, insistent parents, and chaos in rooms and hallways of the school.  Now I remember why I took this day off many years if I could.

Here's a cute item for my sale Saturday.  Here's where I found the idea.
Elf Kisses from Kim's Kandy Kreations (follow the link to get the poem ready to print!)
I had to use regular Hershey Kisses as Walgreens didn't have Christmas candy out yet.  I used SU's small cello bags and attached the poem to designer paper and stapled them together.  Then I punched a whole in the papers and added ribbon.


Look at the two gorgeous Fall cards I got from Hope and Rose.  The first card is from Hope.  Can you see the tiny gold specs?  They are shiny and add so much to this card.  Thank you Hope.
 This card is from Rose, Hope's sister.  Rose's card is so pretty with the different colors for the acorns.  I just love that background as well don't you?  This looks like a hole in a tree that holds a squirrels food for the winter.  Thank you so much Rose.
Check out the rack on this guy. He was walking through our yard and stopped to eat near our kitchen window.  We don't often get to see the males, especially with this much head gear. What a great way for God to once again show me the beauty he's created all around me.

Here's an older song, but thought with the events of the last two days, there surely are angels among us helping others out without being asked.  Pay It Forward is where this song is from, sung by Alabama.


May you find peace and love.  May you find someone to help. You will change their life and your own as well. Go be and angel to someone.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessing of the Day:God got me through this dreadful day at work.
Blessings,
 

1 comment:

Stampin' Mom of Four said...

Trick or Treating was postponed here until Saturday. I don't even want to think about all that candy being in the house. I find wrappers everywhere and they all blame each other for not throwing them away! Glad your day is over!!!

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...