Thursday, October 18, 2012

Time With Tim In Amish Country

Today Tim and I went to Amish Country for a get-away. First we went to Ashery's Country Store where they have all sorts of great things to buy. We got healthy stuff like spices, soup mix, cashews etc. NO Chocolate.

Next stop was Mrs. Yoder's Restaurant.  Yum what a great lunch we had.  It was a challenge not to order pie though.  We got a few hand painted pictures from there which are amazing.
 Last stop was Lehman's Hardware.  Oh my gosh, it's like a small city inside.  We walked forever and still didn't see all of it.  It is filled with so much stuff.  We came out with purple popcorn seeds, coffee, and a pottery mug.  We spent an hour there and still didn't see all of it!  We'll have to go back sometime.
I was able to do the color challenge for Tuesday and use Monday's acrylic collage technique.  Take a look.  We were to used vanilla, pumpkin and chocolate chip. Now all I can think of is pumpkin roll with chocolate chips in it! LOL 
I used the acrylic block collage from yesterday. I stamped pumpkin and choc chip on the block, spritzed it then stamped. I used Autumn Days stamps in tangerine and choc chip stamped off on the base of the image. Then I stamped choc chip as the main image. I used my stamp-a-ma-jig to position the orange letters off a bit from the choc chip. The edges were sponged with pumpkin using a dauber.
Here is the card I made for today's Way To Use It challenge.  Here's another Pure Innocence Cutie I just got. She's serving turkey dinner. I colored the wreath with red crayon for the crayon resist technique but after putting gumball green ink over it I couldn't see it well so I added red marker. The wreath is Su's embossing folder. The red paper is from SU as well. The ribbon is retired SU ribbon. I miss this style ribbon.

Here's a song I heard tonight that spoke to me so I wanted to share it with you.  It's called 
What Faith Can Do by Kutless.

I took my salad to eat at my work table in my card room. It had a bit of ranch dressing on it.  I came out of the bathroom and Sam the cat is licking the dressing off my salad! Yuck!  I had to get rid of it.  It was a great salad Tim made with snap peas.

Thanks for stopping by.
Blessing of the Day:Time with Tim
Blessings,
 

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...