Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Day Off, Day Off, Day Off!

So don't you love having a day off when you can sleep in? I sure do. I kept waking up this morning and finally had to get up......It was 7 a.m.! I was so irritated that I didn't sleep in. Of course I went to bed at 10:30 last night.

 I'm praying for hubby that today won't be as stressful as the last two days. Lots going on at work that has to do with credit cards and making sure their systems are safe to protect customers. Lots of things Lube Stop has to do to prove they are doing all they can to protect their customer's information.

 Today I got to make a card for all of the challenges this week on SCS. So this is a triple play card. It is for Technique Lovers, Color and Sketch Challenges this week.

I found a fun set of videos today that made me laugh.  Being a teacher of Special Needs I could relate.  There are lots of videos you can enjoy.  Take a peek at this one.  It's called Math Class.


One of my dearest friends stopped by and it was so good to see her.  It's been so long since I've seen her.  Even though she's not working, she's so busy with life.  Her mom and grandchildren take a lot of time in her life.  So I'm thankful to see her when I can, even if it's for a quick visit.  Thank you God for giving me time with Val today.

Today Tim and I put up our Christmas lights outside.  We did it in record time too.  We put lights on the bushes and that's it.  This weekend we'll do the inside of the house.

Have you stopped to think of the things you're thankful for?  I am thankful right now for my health.  There is no hip pain so it's a great day.  I take so much for granted.

Here's a great picture of Billy Graham and a saying that says it all.

 This is something that I'm praying for lately.  I want to free myself of things that are displeasing to the Lord.
 Here's a pretty sight.  This is the Christmas Cactus in my kitchen.  It has lots more blossoms now.  That window is the perfect place for it.  I wish it was Christmas and not Thanksgiving, but hey, this is the most blossoms I've had on this plant.  Thank you God for giving me this beauty right before my eyes.
I got all of the Thanksgiving cards done for the Home Bound for our church.  I feel good that they will be remembered again this year.  I saw the bag that I dropped off for the older woman who usually does these cards, still on the shelf at church.  So I took them and sent the cards this year.  This woman lost her mom a few weeks ago so I'm sure she's been busy with things involved with that.

Blessing of the day:Seeing Val and being able to help Tim with errands and the lights.
Thanks for checking in today.
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...