Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving Was A Positively Wonderful Day!

 Thank you to all of the soldiers who are and have served so that we could all be free and safe.


I know I'm late in posting this but I have to tell you that this was the BEST Thanksgiving in a long, long time. I'm not sure why the reason, but my FIL was so happy to be with us. Lunch was at 2 so he wouldn't have to drive home in the dark. He arrived at 11 he was so excited! The weather was so warm that day that we sat out on the screened in porch in a sweater. Dad moved with the sun like a cat.

 We had a typical Thanksgiving meal and it was great to see Dad fill his plate and eat. He's alone for many meals so this was a great scene. This is also the first Thanksgiving without his wife, so I wasn't sure how it would go. It went very well. He mentioned her and we acknowledged his story and moved on. I know he's happy that she's not in misery any longer.

 Dad brought candy from Malley's chocolates! The kids got huge Santa's (I know, he's a little early) and Tim and I got Survival Kits. What a cute idea. I could just picture him standing in the candy store picking things out. This put a huge smile on my face.

 We sent dad home with lots of left overs he could put into the microwave. He also got pie on top of it all. I'm so thankful to have spent this day with Tim's dad and our family. Thanks God for such an uplifting day. Blessing of the Day:Dad stayed 5 hours and we all enjoyed his visit. Thanks for visiting. Blessings,

No comments:

Using Dies to Make Foam Stamps

Take a good look at the dies you already have in your collection. You may be able to make foam stamps from them and add dimension and intere...