Friday, November 23, 2012

Black Friday-Am I Crazy?

It started with a short conversation between Sarah and I.  Did I want to go our and do Black Friday with her since she's never gone?  I said yes, hoping it would be forgotten. (fat chance of that happening!)

We actually planned our evening.  We left about 11:40 to get to the mall by midnight.  We got there about 12:20 due to all of the traffic.  We had to park in Offic Max's parking lot a little way from the mall parking.  It was worth it.

We first went to Deliah's where everything in the store was 40% off.  What we didn't count in our agenda was time in line waiting to pay.  Our first stop it was 30 minutes.  We snaked past things that we could look at so it wasn't so bad.

Our second stop was Forever 21.  Oh my what a big store that is.  I sat down and waited until Sarah came back with clothes she wanted.  We waited in line over an hour to get her clothes.  I usually wouldn't have done that however, we had nothing but time.  I actually made it all that time in line.  My back started to hurt and my hip too but we did it.

That place was a mess.  There were clothes all over the floor.  I don't understand why.  I guess people weren't hanging things up they were just draping things over clothes on racks and eventually they fell.

Our next stop was to get something to eat.  Here it is, 3:30 a.m. and we are having pizza in the mall.  It was like the middle of a Saturday at the mall.  It was a little surreal.

We went to Bath and Body Works and came out with such a deal.  If you bought 3 of their signature collection scents, you got 3 free. If you did that, you could get a great tote and 6 different kinds of scented items from spray to lotion and even a candle for $20.

We sat down a while and rested and talked and got something to drink.  Next we were to go to Target to get some DVD's for Ben.  We only found one of the ones we needed.

We drove around a bit looking at lights, then got to Joann's for their 6 a.m. opening.  I needed to get an Ott light.  They were 19.99.

Next we were on to Pat Catan's where all Martha Stewart things were on sale for 50% off.

Our last stop at 8 was a name brand resale shop.  Sarah found a necklace, and some tops in there as well as a purse.

We got home about 9 a.m.  Sarah went right to sleep.  I had coffee and talked to Tim who couldn't believe we shopped for 9 hours, as only women can!

It was a great time with Sarah and lots of fun.  Would I do it again?  Ask me next year! LOL

No comments: