Sunday, March 3, 2013

Being Sick is No Fun!


I have finally gotten the sore throat, headache and sore ears that so many others have.  It's no wonder, working with Kindergartners is an interesting time.  When they cough, it's in your face.  When their nose runs, their sleeve is wet, from their elbow to their wrist.  When they sneeze, they can't catch it, they send it spraying all over the room.  They don't wash their hands as often as they should.  Some don't know how to blow their nose, so they wipe, wipe, wipe, then set their tissue on the table to let the happy little germs run all over the table eagerly searching out new humans to make miserable.   I generally do a good job at using my hand sanitizer, and Clorox wipes, but must have missed some germs somewhere.
    Today was busy for me.  I spoke to a Sunday School class about the Card Ministry I started at church.  Stayed for the second hour's service, then went out to Guitar Center with Ben to get his guitar fixed.  I don't know much about a guitar so I let Ben and Tim talk to the customer service guy.
     I'm telling you though, it was sooooo hard to hear in that place.  They let people play guitars to try them out, so it was an annoying time waiting for Ben to finish.  Some of the guys working there took me back to the sixties.  One guy had long braided hair past his backside...............No women that I saw working there.  Interesting place, I think I'll avoid next time if I can.  There's an Archivers nearby so I think I'll let the guys take the van to Guitar Center and I'll shop Archivers!
   The snow continues here but not in huge amounts.
    If you know someone in the Cleveland area, please ask them to support the kids going to El Salvador this summer.  My son, Ben is one of them.  They will work at an orphanage for 3 weeks.  There is a Spirit Rally at Chic fil 'A in Strongsville  all day Tuesday. Print a flyer and join us.  You can come and ask for a flyer cuz the teens will be there with them.  You can also ask questions of the teens while you are there.
   I'd like to personally thank Chic fil A for doing this.  They typically will give 10% of purchases, but one of the teens going works there so they are givine 15%!  Praise God huh!
Isn't this a pretty card?  A lady at church asked if I could make this for her.  I will try. Wish me luck! She found this on Pintrest.

Give this a listen...........Tenth Avenue North-Don't Stop the Madness


Blessing of the Day:In spite of how I felt, God helped me get to church and to the class I needed to speak at.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

1 comment:

Stampin' Mom of Four said...

Hope you feel better soon! That card looks like fun to make. Prayers for Ben and the El Salvador missions team.

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...