Monday, March 4, 2013

Sore Throat, Ear aches, Runny Nose....Time For Bed...UGH!.

I worked half a day today.  It was amazing all I got done. I got up at 6, an hour before normal.  I was out the door to work to get things organized for the sub I had.  She had never been in our room and my assistant, Patti  wasn't there today either.
  Next I dropped off things to a friend at her work. Then I continued home.  I got a few cards made, went to the doctor and got in and out quickly.  That NEVER happens! Got home and ate lunch then went to work.
  The afternoon goes quickly when that's all you work!  Home by 4:30 for dinner made by DH.  I know I'm so lucky.  Still feel crummy but trying to stamp and use lozenges for my throat.

Here are the cards I made today.  
I had fun making this card to show ladies at my workshop how the pop tops can be used. I layered the flower using the framelits for Secret Garden. The I used the Punch Blossom punch and the 2 1/2" circle punch. I used the honeycomb embossing folder.
 This card was made with some of my favorite colors, purple, yellow and green.   I used the Secret Garden stamps using concord, olive and yo-yo yellow. I stamped the border around the opening, then added a cut out flower and leaves on the outside. I then added two large rhinestones.
 This is the inside of the above card.  I lined the flowers up so you wouldn't know there was one inside.
 This was for the Technique Lovers Challenge today.  It was a really cool technique called puzzle piece resist.  I've never done this before and had to really think of what I wanted to do. I used Hello Doily and embossed with clear ep. I covered with concord crush and the center is plum. I used the pretty brads with a piece of ribbon in the center. I stamped Just Because from Vintage Verses one of the SAB sets from SU. The background is the lacy brocade embossing folder colored with plum ink. Thanks Judy for a fun, fun, challenge!

Time to get some sleep and some relief from this runny nose and sore throat.  

Don't forget, for local readers, tomorrow is the day to eat at Chic Fil A or you can send a donation to support the mission trip to El Salvador for Ben and friends.

Here's the information needed to donate:  Ben's Trip is July 16th.

- AME deadline to receive donations on your behalf is 3 weeks prior to trip date.  
- Inform sponsors their donation to AME is tax deductible and a Contribution Statement will be mailed to the address on their check at the end of the year.  
- Sponsors to enclose a note with the name of the person they are supporting (Ben Craig, Love and Hope Orphanage) and the check made payable to AME International.  Mailing address:   
AME International  PO Box 670631  Northfield, OH 44067    
- AME will wire the support money received for your mission trip to Love & Hope prior to trip date.


Blessing of the Day: I could get to the doctor.
Thank you for stopping to check on us.
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...