Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Thank You God, Family and Friends

A huge thank you going out to all who supported Ben and his group at Chic-fil-a tonight and those supporting them with donations.  We had a fun time eating, talking and playing the wheel of chance.  I won three items! A beverage, a dessert and a chicken sandwich!  You couldn't lose.  For each dollar you donated to spin the wheel, you got something from Chic-fil-a!  Isn't this an incredible thing they do for other Christians?
  I personally thanked the manager on duty tonight for what they were doing and he said it was their pleasure to do this for the group going.  It's amazing what God does to help work things out for trips such as these.

I heard a song by Kutless called Even If and wanted to share it with you.



Here's something neat my principal did.

 Today at a staff meeting my principal gave us each a pin with the following description:

I have a great job in the universe of occupations. What do I do? I'm a "star polisher." Its a very important job. If you want to know how important, just go out at night and look at the stars twinkling and sparkling. You see, I'm a teacher. The stars are the children in my class. My job is to take them-in whatever shape they come-and shine and buff them and then send them out to take their places as bright, twinkling beacons in the sky. They come into my room in all shapes and sizes. Sometimes they're bent, tarnished, dirty, crinkly, or broken. Some stars are cuddly and soft. Some are prickly and thorny. As I buff and polish, I train and teach my little stars; I tell them that the wordl cannot do without them. I tell them they can do anything they set their minds to do. I tell them they can be the brightest, shiniest stars in the sky and the world will be a better place because of them. Each night as I look a the sky, I'm reminded of my very important job and awesome responsibility. Then I get my soft buffing cloth and my bottle of polish in preparation for tomorrow...for my class of little stars. (written by Leah Becks)
Isn't this great?  My boss said that March is hard to get through so she had a raffle so that everyone got something and she gave us each a pin.  She's quite a lady.
This is for all my teacher friends!!!!

   Here's the card I made for today's color challenge on SCS.  I cased it from Dawn O.  Her card is below mine.  I changed the colors, the tape I sponged, the pearls and the text.  What a great idea to sponge the lace.  The piece of paper lace can easily be wiped clean of ink.
 Isn't Dawn's card gorgeous?  I may have to try it with the razzleberry and blue.
Still feeling sick with a sore throat, ear aches, head pain and a stuffy nose.  Time for bed most definitely.
Blessing of the day:All of the people who supported Ben and his group at Chic-fil-a today.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

You did a beautiful job on your card, Sue! Loved your star polishing story. I have a book from childhood called "The Littlest Angel". She polishes her star diligently but it never seems to shine as brightly as the other angel's stars. But one day she hears people down below exclaiming about how bright a particular star is, and it turns out it's hers. It was the star that led them to the baby Jesus. A most precious story. That book was only brought out at Christmas time and I treasured it.

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...