Saturday, March 16, 2013

Busy Week and Testing Week Is OVER!

This has been a very busy week with Sarah taking OGT's.  We had to go to Brunswick each night.  She had the option of going at 9:30 a.m. or 6:30 p.m.  We opted for 6:30 since we both work.  That was great with Sarah since she wouldn't want to get up that early each day to take tests.
  Work has been busy and stressful.  Lots of meetings and paperwork due which can be overwhelming with all of the other things we have to do.  I just keep telling myself God is with me each step of the way.

This is a card I designed for the Inspiration Challenge on SCS today.  I love this Sycamore Street designer series paper that you can earn with a $50.00 purchase for Stampin' Up.  I also love the new pop tops which can be flattened by the cuttlebug.                                                         Here's my inspiration. http://www.spoonflower.com/fabric/914248



  I love the bright colors put together. This was embossed with the honeycomb embossing folder using pool party. I added the pop top with the banner and razzleberry ribbon. This was all mounted to white cardstock as the base.

 Sadly the teachers in Strongsville, Ohio are still on strike.  They have been out for 10 days.  The mediator has called them to a meeting.  We'll see what happens.

Sarah and I helped make 2,000 subs to sell at church tomorrow.  We had lots of help.  Students and a parent worked for two hours making these assembly line fashion.  They had rockin' music and it made for a fun time.  Sarah and her friend, Rachel, worked wrapping the sandwich in plastic, then Rachel's mom and I worked to wrap them in white paper and tape them closed.  It was so much fun to see Sarah interact with Rachel.  She was having a blast.  It was a peek into her life that I usually don't get to witness.  Your know, the silliness of teenagers singing, dancing, laughing and doing fun things together as they worked.  Thank you God for blessing me with this time today with Sarah.

I had a stamping night last night and we did some fun projects.  I did some of the projects ladies liked that I demonstrated last week at my workshop.  They enjoyed making things tonight.  We all had a wonderful time full of laughter.

Tim and I went to Applebees for a quiet date night dinner.  LOL  It wasn't quiet at all.  We were seated next to a party of 12 celebrating a birthday.  They had one screaming toddler who screamed and cried the first 5 minutes we were there.  Then his mom angrily left with, then there was loud discussion about what happened and what would they do with the cake and presents......not relaxing at all.  
  Next the music they played, had so much bass that it was like a loud stereo in a car next to you, and it vibrated the floor...........again, not easy to ignore.  So we left before I was done with my dinner.  I brought it home in a box and finished it here.  So much for a quiet, relaxing dinner together.  We were more stressed out when we came home than when we left!

Toby Mac is one of my favorite artists to listen to.  Love the messages he sends with his songs.  Listen to Speak Life.


Blessing of the day:Sarah and I got to spend quality time together.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...