Saturday, April 27, 2013

A Sweet Saturday

Got some cards made in the last two days. Take a peek.  Here's a card I made using Jane's stamp called Tree Line. I love this background stamp. I cut it down to fit an A2 sized card. I stamped in black Stazon on glossy cardstock. Then I added the retired Designer Label punch with my greeting and the small heart punch as well.



 Here's my Hugs 'N Braids card for today's challenge. I chose this for my inspiration. http://www.drygoodsusa.com/Product.a...ale=n&pg=1
I also used the braided card technique found here:http://brandyscards.com/2013/04/stam...m_medium=email
The image is from Penny Black Hugs set. It is colored with Copic markers. I added yellow stickles to the flower center and the butterfly. The edge was sponged with crumb cake and suede. The designer paper is from Print Poetry paper stack from SU.
This is my card to honor Jeanne. I took my inspiration from her card found here. http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...p;ppuser=42282
I liked her multi-layered layout. I used this cute stamp from Bugawumps and colored it with copic markers. Then I sponged the image layer with raspberry ripple ink. That was layered with raspberry ripple paper then paper from Print Poetry. I added thinking of you then the raspberry rhinestones.


It's a beautiful, sunny day today.  Lawn mowers are out and about.  Tim's outside working on the yard.  We planted some flowers in the garden just so it looks nice for Ben's graduation party next Saturday.
It's so strange to be going through this.  Seems like just yesterday he was a little guy toddling by my side. It's bittersweet ya know?  

Tim is going to work tomorrow and working through Thursday.  He has lots of computer stuff to work on that he has to do when no one is on their computer.  He likes it in that no one is there to bug him.  He can just work without interruption.  It makes for a weird Sunday though.  He's not home to hang with while the kids go to church then their meetings.  I usually go to the 6 p.m. service because I love the music and the longer worship time.

I guess that means I'll have plenty of time to finish my LAST education plan for life! LOL  Can't believe that at all.

Here's a song by Tenth Avenue North called Beloved.  Give it a listen.

Blessing of the Day: I worked with Sarah on History and we accomplished a lot.
Thank you for stopping here today.
Blessings,

No comments:

Museum, Flowers and Cards

 The Cleveland Children's Museum Friday, my son and I took his daughter to this incredible Children's Museum on Euclid Ave. at 40th....