Saturday, April 6, 2013

How Can Spring Break Be Almost Over?

I can't believe that Spring break is almost over.  Where has the time gone?  I know where......Monday-Wednesday we were in Georgia or going to or coming back from.  8 hours of travel Monday and Wednesday took more out of me than I thought it would.
Thursday I was the taxi cab mom running errands and kids hither and yon.  

Friday I did the same thing and added some work around the house.
Friday I also added stamping with Emily, a dear friend.  This is our therapy and it's always better when we can stamp together.

Saturday I also got to stamp with my friend Jane.  We stamped about 3 hours and made some pretty cards.  I am having fun playing with a few things Jane left.
  

 Here's my card for the Glittery Birthday challenge from Jeanne. I stamped using gumball green for stems and leaves. I used pretty in pink, primrose petals, and raspberry ripple for the flowers. I stamped in VersaMark Dazzle then added heat and stick powder. On top of that I added dazzling diamonds. The yellow is daffodil ink and paper.The text is from Art Impressions. The ribbon is raspberry ripple. I used print poetry for the background paper.
 Here's my inspiration for my card. http://www.patinastores.com/catalog/...egwarmers.html I love the colorful flowers so I used Secret Garden stamps and framelits to make this card. I embossed using versamark and white embossing powder, then colored the flowers with markers. I added navy ribbon, a new brad from SU and a greeting.
 Here's my card for stamp, sponge and sparkle. I stamped on shimmery white card stock with black ink. Then I masked the bears and the moon. I used bashful blue with a sponge and a dauber for the sky. I used amethyst for the ground. I used liquid glue and added dazzling diamonds to the bears.
Great challenge Joan! I'm going to have to remember this one.
 Here are two cards made from one stamp that Jane let me borrow.  I stamped in versafine brown then embossed with clear embossing powder.  Next I used daubers to color the sky behind the trees.  Then I added the embossing on the base of the card.  Lastly I added the text with sponged edges.
  This is for a wonderful, Christian man, Donnie who loves the color blue and loves to garden. I planted corn for him and am sending ears ready to pick from that garden of his. May God continue to watch over you Donnie.
 I loved this picture when I saw it on FB.  To see soldiers praying is a wonderful thing.  I posted this to remind us that we need to daily pray for these men and women who give their lives for our freedom.  They give up their family and special events with family for us.  Imagine not being able to be there when your child is born.  I can't imagine, can you?
 I love being reminded that I am a new creation every day.  No matter what Satan tells me, I know that this is true.  God said this and everything he says is true.  You too are a new creation each day when you know him as your Lord and Savior. 

Blessing of the day:Tim and I got to share some time shopping.  Sarah had a good group today.  Ben got a lot planned and printed for his presentation to parents tomorrow at church.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...