Thursday, May 9, 2013

Home Sick

I am home sick today with a major headache.  I can't get rid of it with coffee or medication.  So I figured I might as well try to stamp something to keep my mind off of my headache.  I did two cards for the Ways to Use it challenge on SCS.
You were to discover something and use something you haven't done before.
The first card is one that I cut the image out with my Nestability square then embossed glossy cardstock and brayered over it with coastal cabana, a new color from SU.  This is layered with black and another new color from SU called Strawberry slush.  I thought this would be more red, but surprisingly it's pink.

This card was watercolored with my aqua painter and ink in lids of ink pads.  I colored the cardstock behind the image then used my embossing border to do the sides only of the card.  I like how this really frames the card.

This card is for the sketch challenge on SU.  I watercolored the image then used my Fleur de Lis rectangles from Nestabilities and cut the frame.  I added two rectangles behind the image to compliment the poppy color.

 Here's a fun two pictures of Sarah and her good friend, Rachel.  This was on a retreat from church.
 This second picture was from last weekend at Ben's graduation.  Isn't the sky pretty?
This is an image I saw on FB and thought it was just beautiful!

I am sitting outside on our screened in porch and it's just lovely back here.  In spite of my headache, I am enjoying the little fountain with water flowing, the smell of lilacs coming from behind me and the sight of birds feeding in feeders ahead of me.  God is so good to me and you isn't he?  His beauty is all around us.  I wish I stopped to enjoy it more.

This is the kind of day where I could easily fall asleep out here.  It's so peaceful and quiet.  The sun is shining, blue skies, and temps in the low 70's.  I could live where this was year round and love it.  The one thing that is bugging me is the constant flow of pollen.  It covers everything and it doesn't take long for it to reappear once wiped off. AHHHCHOOO!

Tuesday we had our good friends Emily and Ron over for dinner.  We served leftovers from Ben's graduation party.  Yum, nothing like ribs, chicken, fresh veggies and pizza to chow down on. 
Blessing of the Day: I got to sit outside and enjoy the nice day.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,


No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...