Sunday, May 5, 2013

Sunday, Ready To Go To Work So I Can Rest!

Phew, we've finally finished getting the house back to normal after Ben's graduation party.  We left things as they were last night as Ben and Sarah were having friends come over again today after church to eat some more of the food we have left over. :)

I got some cleaning done while kids were at Refuge Corp.  Tim worked today so it was just me home alone for a while.
I made a few cards today.  I played around with watercolor paper and a new stamp set that will be a hostess set in the new catalog.  The set is called Simply Sketched.

Here's the third card I made with this new hostess set. It's been fun combining the stamps. I've been using the masking technique on these cards.
I stamped in stazon black then watercolored with my aqua painter and the lids of the ink pads. I sponged the edges with a dauber. The background and designer paper were embossed with finial press embossing folder. I added designer paper called gingham garden to this as well. The ribbon is indigo. 




I spent some time at Wendy Weixler's blog today and found some fabulous cards and layouts!
She's an amazingly talented Stampin' Up Demonstrator! Check out what she inspired this morning! http://wickedlywonderfulcreations.bl...friday-17.html
I stamped with stazon black then colored with my aqua painter. I sponged the edge with a dauber, added a ribbon. The little circle where the ribbon went through is actually one of those reinforcements from school. You know the ones you put on notebook paper when it ripped. I added one of the SU flowers.



Here's my card to honor Gayatri and to play the free for all this week using texture. I took my inspiration from here card found here. http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&cat=18193 I loved that she had a lot of colorful flowers and cut one out and popped it up. I changed the bright flowers to muted, turned my card and added my dots embossing folder for the background. I'm featuring the new Stampin' Up colors here. I stamped the flowers in versamark then embossed in white embossing powder. Then I colored the a blender pen and ink from the lids and I also tried my aqua painter with very little water. Have a wonderful week Gayatri.


 I stamped in versa mark on vellum and embossed in white embossing powder then added the flowers to pink pirouette. I embossed the bottom edge with one of my favorite SU folders called Delicate Design. Then I added pearls to the center of each flower. 

Here's a song by Matthew West called, You Are Everything


Blessing of the Day:We got the house back to normal and all of the things for the party down and ready to take back to the rental place.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

1 comment:

Stampin' Mom of Four said...

I resisted buying any hostess sets. I'll be sure to earn one with my first order from the big catalog! You did a great job with the masking and coloring! That's the first hostess set that I'm going to get!!! Glad that things are getting back to "normal" after Ben's graduation party.

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...