Tuesday, June 25, 2013

More Mystery


So we were awakened by a huge BOOM that shook the house.  The noise seemed to come from the sky like a sonic boom.  When we researched this it said this sometimes happens and they say it's the military however the military never acknowledges it......hmmmm.....being in Maine has it's questions now doesn't it?

I say questions because yesterday I posted on FB that we were wondering what was under the blue tarp in our backyard?  The house we're renting we found out belongs to a murder, mystery writer named James Hayman.  He's written 3 murder-mysteries since 2001 when they moved here so he could write.
   We jokingly said we wondered if the last renter was under the blue tarp, being used for book number 4! LOL
Last night was a fun movie night with family.  We are finding that this has been a fun time where both Tim and I are spending pockets of time with each kid and it's been wonderful!  Seems vacation takes everyone away from the stresses of life so they can enjoy each other.  For that I'm truly thankful!

We spent time exploring the rock-filled beach area at low tide and found lots of rocks, seaweed of different colors,  dead crabs and lots of rocks that looked like wood.

This morning we watched a crab boat drop cages in the area out from where we're staying.  We'll see if they catch anything.  I wondered how the fisherman decide who crabs where?

Tim absolutely loves it here because of the sound of the ocean which puts him to sleep.  The quiet, sound of the buoy ringing becomes part of the ocean sounds as well.
Sarah's holding a small crab shell.

 Sarah and Tim are trying to stay away from the water splashing up while looking through rocks.
 A glance at the rocky beach here........not my favorite kind of beach to say the least.  I love sandy beaches where you can walk for miles.  This area is filled with all kinds of bugs.  There is a lawn here and trees around it, but when you go out you need bug spray on or the mosquitoes will eat you alive!  No fire pit either.  We always build a fire to talk around at night and make s'mores, but this year we'll have to use the charcoal grill instead. :(
We had a fun cook out of hot dogs and hamburgs on the grill.  After it began to pour and we had another thunderstorm.  It was more humid after the storm than before.  Kinda ruined making s'mores tonight, however Sarah was able to make one in the microwave.  We did a game night then another movie.  I didn't want to watch the movie they were watching, so I watched one on my own on my laptop.

Tomorrow is lighthouse touring.  Can't wait, we'll be in Portland so we'll see what they have to offer as far as shopping and eating!
Time for sleep.
Here's a video from Skillet called American Noise.

Blessing of the Day: Family time which is so precious knowing that Ben will leave July 16th for a missions trip for 3 weeks or so, then be back for a bit then it's off to college.  God please prepare me for this loss of Ben to 'the real world, far from me.'  I know I've grown him up to do your will, I just need help letting go a bit.
Thanks for visiting today.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...