Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Oh What Stress Can Do

It's been another stress-filled few days.  Ben and his fiance are battling so many people who are telling them they are too young to get married. (Tim and I are not among those people, however his fiance's parents are.)
They have actually had their teen pastor at church email them and have invited her good friends to dinner tonight to convince them not to be in the wedding............:(  They are very controlling parents to say the least.

Ben and his fiance' continue to pray for God's wisdom and will in all of this.  God has called young and inexperienced people to do his will in the Bible.  All their lives these kids heard when God calls you, GO.  Now when they are ready to GO, they are told they are too young.  Maybe by 22 they will be ready to marry.  How can you put an age on a thing like that?  How do you say yes to your parents if it means saying no to God and what he wants for you?

I continue to pray for them as they continue to be in the word and pray together and apart.  There will be sadness no matter what happens.  If his fiance' doesn't marry him and he leaves without her they both will be hurting.  If they marry and go to Austin, her parents will be hurting..........Pray, pray, pray for God's wisdom and will in their lives.  That they see it clearly and move forward.

Here's a card I made for the color and sketch challenge on SCS.
I have begun having hip pain and need my cane.  It's not all the time but when I walk there will be a sudden sharp pain that makes me collapse and yell out in pain.  Then it is sore for a while.  I don't fall to the floor, because usually I can grab onto something.  But I'm not taking any chances now, I'm keeping my cane near.  
I am glad that I finally stamped again today.  Sometimes after teaching a half day I'm ready to go to sleep so I don't have to deal with all the pain and sadness in El Salvador and here in Cleveland.  I know it will be over soon.

Here's Ben drinking his tea that he loves here in the states.  He finally found it in El Salvador.
 God sent these two messages to me this week. I am so thankful that He continues to love me in spite of myself.

Fun has arrived!  Sarah and her 5 friends have come here after filling up on ice cream and they will go swimming.  So there will be lots of laughing and happy times here soon!

Blessing of the Day: Even in the tears, God is near and holds me close.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

1 comment:

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

What a beautiful card, Sue! I will keep your son and his fiance in my prayers. They certainly don't need that kind of pressure; this should be a joyous time for them. I will also be adding your hip problem to my prayer list. I'm glad you're using a cane to assist you as you don't want to take any unnecessary chances with falling down and breaking your hip.

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...