Thursday, September 26, 2013

Do You Hear God's Whispers?




I did a sketch challenge from SCS today.  I colored the image with copics and added a narrow border around it. I took glossy cardstock and sponged fall colors onto it. Then I stamped in versamark using leaves and heat embossed it. Lastly I added the bow, and hope the challenge police don't come get me for adding the bow. That corner looked so lonely without something there. :)


 I saw this on FB and thought I could use it and send it on to Ben and Rachel.

Today I went to volunteer at PHCA and it is always interesting.  Today a little first grader who tested me cried.  His teacher told me he would test me and I had to be firm.  If he didn't follow directions he had to be brought back to class.  He didn't get the partner for a game he wanted.  He didn't want to play the game with his partner.  He was asked several times to play but he refused.  So, I walked him back to class and he was crying.  When I explained to his teacher what happened, she used it as a learning time.  She told him that he was showing disobedience and disobedience brings sadness and upset like he was feeling.  God wanted him to be obedient to authority and that would bring happiness.  He got 5 minutes to think about it then he re-joined my group and was fine.  The new person always gets tested ya know?

Every class has stories and every child too has a story.  There is a little girl whose father died.  Her grandpa lives in India.  They will see him at Christmas.  The little girl threw a fit the other day for the teacher and wouldn't calm down until removed from the room.  Mom and the teacher believe that it is due to no father figure in the home.  Imagine not having a father at 6 years old.............sad.

I saw this on FB and thought it was cute.

Today was a weird day.  I had a horrible headache when I walked out of PHCA.  I was fine inside.  It was so bad, I had to sleep.  Now I feel better but tired.

Blessing of the Day: I got to spend time with Sarah talking and laughing.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

October 7-9 15% off Stamp Sale from Annual Catalog

Click the image Promotion Details Sales Period: October 7, 2024, at 12:00 a.m. to October 9, 2024, at 11:59 p.m. (MT) Ordering Deadlines Pho...