Friday, September 27, 2013

God Calling

      Sometimes when I slow down to look at things I can hear God Calling..........I've been praying to have God to help me see what he wants me to do now that I'm retired.  I spoke to a dear friend who teaches first grade at the Christian Elementary School my kids went to.  I told her I'd be happy to come in for a morning to help her out when she needed it most.  Thursday morning was decided upon.  I'd be there 8-11.  They begin at 8 a.m. and lunch is 11 a.m.
  This week was the first Thursday I worked with her.  Somewhere along the way another need was voiced and now I'm there Thursday and Friday mornings 8-11.  God is enabling me to continue to teach kids without all the planning, meetings and IEPs!   Thank You God.  I can continue to do what I love doing without the stress.(or pay) LOL
   While I was there in the first grade room, the assistant who comes into first grade when she can, came in and asked me if I'd be interested in stamping with them.  She said she was sure she could get a small group together who would pay to make cards.  Here I am volunteering at this school and I have someone asking if she can make cards with me and buy Stampin' Up products from me............God blesses those who are obedient. What an amazing conversation. This lady said, "Think about it and let me know."

    I was able to participate in the Inspiration Challenge at SCS.  Here's my card.
 
I got another picture of Ben and Rachel.  This is a great one to see cake on their faces.  Rachel went first and smashed the cake into Ben's face, soooooo Ben returned the favor!    
 I saw this posted on FB tonight and thought about how true this is.  You can't compare yourself to anyone.  When you make comparisons no one wins.  You are the only one like you.  You were made by God and made in his image.  So you are the perfect you!  God doesn't want to see us try to please others, just please Him.  He doesn't want us to compare ourselves to others.  We'll never measure up.  We need to concentrate on what God wants us to do and stop wasting our time and emotions on comparing ourselves to others.  Even as an adult I have insecurities like this and struggle with it.
Here's a song by Jamie Grace called, It's a Beautiful Day. Listen to the words and be inspired to have quiet time with God.

Blessing of the Day: Helping Emily and Stamping with Patti
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

October 7-9 15% off Stamp Sale from Annual Catalog

Click the image Promotion Details Sales Period: October 7, 2024, at 12:00 a.m. to October 9, 2024, at 11:59 p.m. (MT) Ordering Deadlines Pho...