Sunday, October 6, 2013

A Hodge Podge of Things

This isn't my typical song to post, but it was brought to my attention tonight and I'm really liking it.  Give it a listen and watch the words.  What a great love song to God.

Here's a card I made for today's Featured Stamper Darlene.                    Here card is here.
I stamped in versamark, embossed with black ep. I colored with watercolor crayons, then blended the colors using my aqua painter. I framed in black, then red, embossed the white, then used dimensionals to attach the image to the white.
  These are two of six cards I'm making for different organizations. I'm trying to use my old designer paper up. I used my 1 1/4" square punch for all of the squares. For each card you need 6 squares. Two of the squares are cut in two on the diagonal. Once the squares were added to the white layer, it was embossed so it would look like a quilt.

Yesterday I met my two good friends Jan and Jane and went to the Strongsville Rec Center to the Stamp show.  It was a fun time.  I had a list of Copic Marker refills I needed and some other things.  I came home with things that weren't on my list.  Surprise huh?

We shopped, had something to eat then headed south to Hollo's Paper Company.  We shopped for a bit in there, then headed south again to go to Hobby Lobby.  I'm seeing that the big craft stores like Hobby Lobby, Michael's and Joann's don't seem to rotate stamp stock too often.  And usually when I bring my 40% off coupon, all that I want is on sale anyway.  Today that wasn't the case.  I really could have used that coupon.

After all that we ate a Panera Bread.  It was a fun time.  We planned a stamping day next Saturday from 9 a.m. to ?  We're going to use the new stuff we just got and see how much of Jane's stuff we can use since she has the most.

I was searching the web and saw this picture.  It looked so cool, if it's real and not photo-shopped.  I was in Paris as a senior in high school and got to see the Eiffel Tower.  It is a magnificent structure to begin with.  Then to see it lit in blue then struck like lightning is amazing!
I was reading Mattew 19:26 this morning as part of my quiet time.  It says, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."  This was in answer to a question to Jesus which was, Who in the world can be saved?"
   We cannot be saved by anyone here on earth. We also cannot be saved by the works we do.  It doesn't matter how much you do for the Lord, that still won't be good enough to enter the kingdom of God.  It is only by accepting Christ into your heart and choosing to have Him become your Lord and Savior that you will be in Heaven for eternity with God.

After we acknowledge our sin and repent of them and ask forgiveness, Jesus will forgive you.  No matter what you've done.  That's right, no matter what you've done.  He's seen it all.  There is nothing you've done that surprises God or will keep you from a relationship with Him.

God longs for a relationship with all of us.  Is that hard to believe?  I understand.  It is hard to believe.  I sin all day long, not meaning to but I do.  And guess what? Jesus forgives me, the slate is wiped clean.  Isn't that amazing?  It's the same way for you when you have a relationship with Jesus.

Blessing of the Day: I rode the bike for 15 minutes at 12 miles an hour.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook for May 21, 2024

  For Today Tuesday, May 21, 2024   Looking out my window it's a sunny but cool day here in North east Ohio. It has rained on and off...