Friday, November 22, 2013

50 Years Ago Today

Well, I see this didn't post as it should so I had to manually post this.

Today is the 50th Anniversary of the day President John F. Kennedy was shot.  I was 7 years old and remember being glued to the tv through the sadness of the shooting, the hospital and the funeral.  It was a sad, sad time.  Even as a 7 year old I felt sad.  I didn't know him, but he was a dad and when I saw his kids I felt so sorry for them having to grow up without their dad.  Do you remember where you were when you heard?  I was in school almost finished with my day when my teacher turned the tv on so we could see what had happened.  Keep in mind, 50 years ago we didn't have CNN, FOX or any of the internet news sources.  We had limited tv choices and radio.
Sometimes it's fun just to put in silly pictures.  I saw this on FB yesterday and loved it.  I have my flavored coffee each morning and really enjoy it.  I have either raspberry and chocolate or cherry chip chocolate coffee.  Nothing like starting the day off with two of my favorite things: chocolate and coffee!
 Isn't Phoebe the cutest kitty here?  She often stands up like a merkat  which looks adorable!  She is Ben and Rachel's kitten.  She looks so sweet.  I can't wait to meet her at Christmas.
 Isn't this the cutest little bear?  I made him for my twin sister, Anne.  She had a full knee replacement this past week.  This is a flip card.  When you open it the bear flips and you see Get Well.  This is an inky antics stamp set.  I wish SU made cute animal stamps like this.

Blessing of the Day: Dinner at Panera's with Sarah.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...