Saturday, November 23, 2013

Blessed, Cards and Cats

 Today's been a weird day in a way.  Tim had to work to fix a mail server.  The server crashed Thursday so Tim had to overnight the part and fix it Friday.  We had lunch, but after that the server began to give him problems.  It affects the whole company because no one is getting their email.    He stayed late Friday night, then began working from home Saturday.  He ended up having to go to work part of Saturday.  Tonight he worked on it more and it's still not fixed.  So, he will spend his Sunday working on it.  Some weekend huh?

He was supposed to do upgrading on another server, but he's got to fix this one before he begins any upgrade.  All of this has to be done when people are out of the office so he works evenings or weekends.  It's not all the time so we live with it.

Sarah got to see a movie with her friends, so she was gone for part of the day.  It was weird being here alone.  I guess I should get used to it.  Next year when Sarah's gone, that's how my days will be with Tim at work.

I found these words on FB today.  The first words are a reminder to all of us that what we think of ourselves isn't always true.  I tend to be my own worst critic and am pretty hard on myself.  Maybe you do that too.
I'm so glad I have God in my life to help me when things get hard.
This is something I try to remind myself.  I've been better but I've also been worse and I'm thankful that I've been blessed.  God needs to be a more important part of my life.  Praying that will happen and I will work toward that.
 Here are a few get well cards I made for my twin, Ann.  The images are some my friend Jan let me stamp and cut out with her supplies.  I colored them and put them in the new tree border I got.  I can see me using this tree for lots of masculine cards.  I found that it can be used for cute cards too.
 This pig card flips and get well is on the back of the pigs.  I'm trying to use up my retired stampin' up designer paper.
 This is a Christmas card that was actually left over from another card I did.  The square has a circle cut out of it.  I used this to do a negative mask for another card.  I added more needles on the outside of the ring and added stickles berries in red.  I put the cardinals in the cut out.  This was for the inspiration challenge today on SCS.
 This is a card all the way from Ireland!  Sabrina lives there.  She was my secret card exchange person.  Once a month at SCS we make a certain theme card and send it to the person we're assigned to send it to.  You sign up to participate then you're told who your secret exchange person is.  Thanks Sabrina for the card, the images and cute pink flowers you sent.
 My daughter-in-law Rachel, took pictures of Phoebe then labeled them.  I think this is just darling!  My favorite is Zombie Phoebe!  What's your favorite?
Take a look at this Piano Guys video.  It's cool the number of people who are involved in it.

Ben and Rachel will be here in less than 24 hours.  I can't wait!
Blessing of the Day:I got to Skype with Ben tonight.
Thank you for stopping today.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...