Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Cards, Cake, Christ

Today was a fun day.  Patti, my former assistant got to stamp from 10-3!  She broke a bone in her foot and can't go back to work for 4 weeks or so.  She said she'd go back and work on the first floor only but not do steps since she didn't feel safe.  The principal said, "No." So Patti is using sick leave.  It's about time!  She's so faithful to her job she has over 1,800 sick days.  She'll only get a small amount as severance pay.  I told her she could stay home sick for 10 more years! LOL

Patti even made a great salad and brought home made pound cake.  Yum!  I didn't wait for coffee though.  It looked so good when Sarah tried it after dinner!  Tim had his with coffee and loved it!  Seems to me he got two pieces too.

I made a few cards with flowers and here they are:  I used an Amuse stamp set that's called,Sweet Celebrations for the words.  The first two cards say, Sweet Day, inside.  I used new SU paper called Retro Fresh and the colors I used are on that paper.

 This card has SWEET, inside.
Next I tried something very much out of my comfort zone.  This was made with a Sale-a-bration set called, Banner Blast.  These banners are very tiny so I started with 4 on this card using red baker's twine.  I needed something else to add to the card so I added a strip of red which was embossed to match one of the banners.  I also made it into a banner to match the rest of the card.  I think this took 45 minutes to make......
Here is another card I made using sponging and masking techniques.  I'm learning how to combine colors and make clouds and water using scallop punches, or ripped paper.  This could be a great masculine card, however I don't think I'd want to waste it on a guy who wouldn't really appreciate all that went into it.  I'd send it to Tim, he'd appreciate it.  He's seen me work on these types of cards.
This card was for yesterdays color challenge on SCS.  The colors were blushing bride, primrose petals and wasabi.  I was determined NOT to make a card with flowers since these would be a perfect combination.  So I used my heart framelits and cut out hearts, covered them with ribbon and cut the hearts out again.  I punched a hole in the front of the cardstock and placed the hearts inside the cut out areas.
I came across this tonight on pintrest and had to post it.  There truly is no greater joy than knowing your children will be with you in eternity.
 I saw this and thought it is something to aspire to.  I've said, on my tombstone I want to have, She was used up from helping others.
This made me laugh because I know some people that would probably do this if they had a batch of kittens!  I want to know how they got the kittens to stay long enough to get the photo!
Listen to this song and make it yours....................
Blessing of the day:Stamping with Patti.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

2 comments:

Stampin' Mom of Four said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Leslie Miller said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...