Sunday, January 19, 2014

Sunday, Sunday

Today was an interesting day.  We went to Cuyahoga Valley Church this morning and it was bitter cold with the wind.  I have to say, walking to the card was awful!  The wind and cold gave me pain on my face.  I didn't realize it was so bad or I would have worn a scarf.

I've been having issues with my laptop slowing down and taking forever to do things.  We did a few things over time but nothing really seemed to work well.  This morning I tried to use my laptop and it was infected.  UGH!!!!  The only good thing is I'm married to a computer tech who knows how to deal with this stuff.  Thanks Tim for all of the hours you put into this.  He still has to take it to work tomorrow but hopefully I'll have my laptop back tomorrow.  Thanks sweetie!

So if this page today looks weird, it's because I'm on another computer in the house.  Thanks Sarah.
Speaking of Sarah, we watched another part of Anne of Green Gables.  Such fun to watch together.  I love watching Sarah's expressions and reactions to events in the movie.  I'm storing up all these memories so I'll have them when she goes away.

I have been sponging scenes on cards today which has been so much fun.
Here is the card that was my inspiration. http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&ppuser=116414

I changed the colors, added waves with sponging and used a different stamp set. This card was made using Theresa's tutorial found here:http://craftingtheweb.blogspot.com/2...-tutorial.html Theresa is an amazing artist. She draws the stamps then uses them with sponging and Copic markers



I chose this card of Jean's as my inspiration. She mentioned Theresa Momber, whom I hadn't heard of, so I googled her and used her tutorial to create my card. It is found here. http://craftingtheweb.blogspot.com/2...g-absence.html

I followed the tutorial using Stampin' Up colors and this is what I came up with. I know it needs work, but this is the first time I've used Copic Markers with sponging





First I stamped in versamark, then embossed with white embossing powder. I used White ink and colored with a paintbrush. Then using my aqua painter I colored in pretty in pink first and then mambo. Then I added the pearls.  This card was done for a Splitcoaststampers challenge and was told that it would be the featured card on Facebook tomorrow!  Wowzers, that's pretty cool, huh?

I took a nap today.  I don't usually do that but it just seemed like the best thing to do on a cloudy, crummy day. 

Holding Nothing Back touched me today and I just had to share with you.  Gotta go since this page is giving me such a hard time.
Blessing of the Day: Tim working on my laptop and watching movie with Sarah.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,
bensarmom

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...