Saturday, January 18, 2014

A Whirlwind of Activity To Keep Me Busy

Today I've been working on cards that were started but not finished.  I've also been making cards for challenges on Splitcoast.  This card was for the Color challenge.  The colors were cantaloupe, turquoise, and coastal cabana.  I sponged those colors onto white cardstock then put the frame over it.  I cut out birds from designer paper to add to the sky.  I shadow stamped the greeting.  This will go to Operation Write Home.
 This cutie pie is an image I stamped at Jan's house over the weekend so I used him for the sketch challenge on SCS.  I colored him using Copic Markers then put washi tape on bashful blue cardstock and embossed it with the snowflake embossing folder.  I added a banner and some hearts.  This too will be going to Operation Write Home.
This card was for today's challenge.  We went to Design Seeds to get our inspiration.  Just love this site.  It has some of the prettiest color combinations.
Yesterday I was the Arbitrator for a local Spelling Bee.  It was very interesting to see eighth graders. I haven't seen 8th graders in a long time so it was interesting to see them.  I tried to put them at ease each time they came up to spell a word, by smiling.  They were pretty good spellers too.  It took quite a while to get to a winner.

I just sent 38 cards to Cards for a cause and 145 cards for Operation Write Home.  I just love being able to help others with my cards.  It keeps me busy making cards and it serves a purpose as well.
What's interesting is that they have to have cards 3 months before the holiday.  So Valentine's Day cards were due by December 31st.

Here's a beautiful song by Phil Wickham called, This is Amazing Grace.

Blessing of the Day:Time with Sarah.  We're watching Anne of Green Gables continued where she is a school teacher.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...