Thursday, February 13, 2014

Hearts Are In The Air


 I have to get my Valentines ready for first grade tomorrow.  Do you remember the fun and excitement of getting cards ready for your classmate?  Sometimes we made a box to put them in too.  You took your cards to school and couldn't wait to put them into friend's mailboxes.  Then we sat and opened our Valentines and ate a treat.

Similar things go one in schools today.  Kids will come with book bags filled with Valentines and goodies for their party.  Ooooh the excitement sometimes can excite even the oldest used to be teacher!  I'm sure it's because I'm not in the depths of the trenches with planning, grades and teaching.  Tomorrow afternoon won't come soon enough for some of these kids.


The day before Valentine's Day is fun.  I went to the post office and mailed my cards.  I've been making cards all along to make sure I had enough for family and special friends.  I got a darling card from Jane today and loved it so much I copied it and made it my own.  Check it out. This is Jane's card:

This is my card.  I sponged my background, gave my bench a woodgrain, and nail holes.  I added red hearts to the back of the bench and had the bird hold the greeting.  I love the inspiration Jane's card gave me.  I made this for today's Ways To Use It Challenge on SCS.  You had to use red today.
 This card was for the color challenge where you were to use, calypso, soft sky, smoky slate, and pacific point.  This stamp was from the retired Coast To Coast Stampin Up set, which is one of my all time favs.  I stamped then colored in markers then sponged the water and sky.  I stamp World Map on the banner then stamped my text.  I like how this came out. 
 This is for the featured stamper on SCS.  This is a poppy stamp from Penny Black which Jane let me use while she was here.  I stamped a bunch and am coloring them now.  Fun, fun, fun!
This is for the sketch challenge.  I stamped and colored the little house mice and added SU's watercolor wonder designer paper for the background.
This is for the featured stamper.  This looks like her dog and she had it as a digital image on her blog.  I printed it out and colored this sweet baby.
I AM His, A Daughter Of The King.  Nothing better than that now is there?
Tim, Sarah and I watched the first Sherlock show last night.  Can't say that I was impressed.  I think I have to watch it a second time to clear up questions I have.  I had more questions when it was over than when it started.  Sheesh!

Blessing of the Day:Working with Emily's students.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...