Saturday, April 12, 2014

Sun, Seventies, and Sweetness

Today was a beautiful day here in Cleveland.  We had 70's and sun! woot, woot!  Let's hear it for fun in the sun!  Tim put up the bird feeders and birds have come back to eat at them.  We saw a beautiful cardinal who stayed and sang from us then went to a pine tree in our yard to continue his song.

We also saw robins busy building a nest in a pine tree.  I've taken the binoculars out and have been having a great time watching the activity in our yard today.

It is so pleasant to sit on the back porch and take in all that God has created for us.  All of the beauty that surrounds us that most of the time we take for granted.  I know I do, how about you?

In the last few days I've been busy making Easter cards.  This first card is a 'Z' fold card.  The card is folded in half then the front half is folded back in half again.  Then the left side of the oval is attached to the folded back piece.  I used Stazon ink then colored with ink from lids of SU colors.
 This is a card I made Thursday with my dear friend, Val.  I took out an old SU stamp set and stamped a variety of colors then cut them out with the oval dies.  I love the old fashioned lacy look to this card.
 This is a breath-taking card to me.  It is a brayered embossing folder with turquoise ink and paper.  After ink dries on the paper you layer it with white and turquoise.
 The pink tulips were made for today's Inspiration Challenge on SCS.  My inspiration is this poster.
I stamped in stazon black ink and colored with an aqua painter and ink from lids of ink pads.  I embossed the teal paper and used a dauber to sponge color around the edge of the image.  I added stretch ribbon around the text.
Everything Matters!
 Look what God has given me to make me smile.  I have two kitchen windows in the kitchen which face south and east.  The light is so good for my plants.  This is the second blooming of my Christmas Cactus.  Thank you God for this sunshine in my day.  Most days it's the little things in life that make me happy.
 Last week when we went to Austin, as we arrived, we saw first the window open and second, Phoebe in the window sill.  Hi Phoebe!

During our stay Phoebe ran, jumped and played like crazy.  Then she'd need a nap.  It's funny to see her fast asleep with her head held high like this.  We however look silly nodding our head as we sleep with our head up.  She's a sweet, sweet, kitten.
Take a listen to this song.  Read the words as it plays.  This is my prayer that people would see you in me.  Lord please help me to be a reflection of you in my life.  Help me to live more closely to you and be in your word, the Bible daily.  I need you in my life Lord and need to be a better servant.

Blessing of the Day:Tim got down safely from the garage roof.  Thank you God for protecting him.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...