Sunday, April 13, 2014

This Is The Day

Tim and I had a date today to see Draft Day starring Kevin Costner.  The funny thing was, I asked him if he would want to go see it.  I love football and baseball and had been looking forward to seeing this movie.  We both really liked the movie.  I felt the pressure of decisions that needed to be made during the movie.
I liked the twists and turns this movie took and the humor it brought to the screen.

I also liked seeing Cleveland in a movie!  Who doesn't like seeing the lighthouse in Lake Erie and the Cleveland skyline in a major motion picture?  If you like football, you'll like this movie.  Ladies, there weren't many women in the crowd today, which seemed strange but a lot of women don't like football enough to watch 2 hours worth of it in a movie.



After our movie we went to get coffee at Panera, which turned out to be warm and lousy.  They had coffee there which was two hours old and containers that didn't even have coffee in them.  Very disappointing.

What wasn't disappointing was our trip to The Igloos in Berea.  We had frozen yogurt sundaes out in the square where we sit for lunch sometimes.  It was 70's again today and just lovely.  Made more wonderful with Tim beside me.

Today is Palm Sunday.  I remember as a kid getting palm branches on this day.  We'd pull it apart a bit at a time and weave it into different things.  Funny the things you remember isn't it?  When I was young, I was brought up Catholic.  We walked through the field behind our house to get to church if we went at a different time than our parents.  What teenager wouldn't want to do that?  We'd usually get up early and go to the first service then come home and have a big breakfast of toast.  We love toast as kids......Peanut butter and jelly toast, cinnamon toast, it didn't matter.  It was always a contest to see who could eat the most pieces of toast.  I'm sure my mom hated it cuz it meant we'd have to get more bread so she could pack lunches the next day.  
She'd send one of us to Lawsons or Fazio's grocery store to get milk or bread needed.  Lawsons used to have glass bottles and a plastic carrier to carry them in.  I remember one hot summer day walking home with this container filled with 4 half-gallon bottles.  I set it down to rest and several exploded due to the cold bottle against the very hot cement.  Not a good day to go home. What are you gonna do?  It's just one of those things that happens.

Here is a new picture taken in Brecksville Reservation of the eagle and her eaglet.  Not sure how many are there in the nest but the park ranger said the nest itself weighed on ton!  It's amazing that the tree can hold it, isn't it?
 Here are two cards I made for today's Featured Stamper on Splitcoast Stampers.  The first card is the card I made looking at Sandy's card.
 This second card is what I came up with to use large and small hearts using this card of Sandy's as my inspiration.  I liked that it was quick, and easy to make.
When I heard this song I felt so humbled by it.  It was a reminder of how important my actions are to those around me.  It's also a reminder of how much I receive from God and how much I don't deserve all that HE gives to me.  I hope you enjoy listening to this song.


Blessing of the Day: Date with Tim, Time with Sarah
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...