Friday, April 18, 2014

Things Close To My Heart


I just got some beautiful paper and a gorgeous new stamp from my new friend, April.  April is a demo for Close To My Heart.  We exchanged demo discounts to order from each other's company.  The first card was made with two borders of paper.  
 This second card is the same as the first but I added only 1 border of paper,
 This card was made for Wednesday's sketch challenge on SCS.  I love, love, love this lilac set.  It's a retired SU 2-step stamping set that will never leave my house while I'm alive! LOL
 Yesterday's How To Use It Challenge was to use an oval.  I had to use this paper and stamp again.  I added small brown pearls which are hard to see here.  Love this script and paper!
I am looking ahead and will begin to volunteer two full days instead of two half days.  I spoke to Emily and her principal and after my vacation, I'll be working Thursday and Friday afternoons to tutor kids in small groups from different grades.  This is something that I really love more than teaching large group.  I love designing a plan and helping kids grow, learn and feel good about themselves.  Thank you God for giving me the opportunity.  I will do this until the end of the year then most likely do this next year as well.
 What a wonderful reminder of who we serve and what our role is.  He died on the cross for us Good Friday, which is today.  From 12-3 he went through that terrible anguish because he loved us all so very much.  It's hard for me to wrap my head around him dying for me.  Is that hard for you to believe he died for you too?


 This is  a picture of a new product SU will come out with May 1st, called Project Life.  This is the new scrapbooking products that will be offered by Stampin' Up through Becky Higgins the creator of this system.
Here's a picture of my niece Bekah and her boyfriend Brett at his graduation from boot camp in San Antonio, Texas.  My twin, Anne is with them down there.  They are an hour and a half away from Ben and Rachel in Austin.  I hope they get together with them.
This is a video called, It's All For You by Cloverton.  Take a listen and read the words as he sings them.  I want to be doing all I do for Jesus.  I fail so miserably some times and need to continually refocus my mind and efforts.

Have you thought about those things which are close to your heart?  For me it's God, family, friends, making cards to encourage others, helping kids learn, encouraging single ladies, and filling needs I see if I can.  God has given me so much and I just want to share it with others.  Being retired gives me more time to help others.  I'm thankful for that.

Blessing of the Day-God led me to speak to the principal at PHCA to tutor kids two afternoons a week.
Thank you for stopping by,
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...