Saturday, July 19, 2014

Friends Are Special

Thursday, Emily and Pamela came over and spent 4 hours with me making cards for Operation Write Home.  Thank you ladies!  Here are the seven different cards we made.

This is one of the cards close up.  I love the brightness of the flowers but I especially like the baker's twine through the button.


This card was one of my favorites of the day.  I loved making the short tag and adding the banner to it.  Love how the small silver brads accent the little flowers.
 Isn't this a cute bear?  I loved how the embossed background mimicked the design paper.
 This was a fun card to make.  The water was brushed on with a 1" water brush using ink from the lid of an ink pad. I love how the water appears to have movement.
 These two cards were made by stamping repeatedly without going back to the ink pad.  Love how each color looks a little bit different.
 Trying to use up designer paper and love how this paper looked with the goose.  I like the touch of orange ribbon on this for an accent.
 This was the wedding card Emily and I made.  She made hers with a bow and the rhinestones on the white part of the card.  I made mine by tying a knot and putting the rhinestones on the flowers of the image.  We couldn't decide which we liked better.
This was a card I made for Queen for the Day this week. Katie was the queen this week.  Here is the card from her gallery that was my inspiration.  
Here is my card in pink.

This card was for today's Free 4 All challenge where we had to make bright cards. Love this set of ladies and how much they enjoy being together.


Here is a new song for me called, No Man Is An Island by Tenth Avenue North.  Take a listen.  

I found a video that discusses this song.  See what you think.

Blessing of the Day: We got most of the things set up for Sarah's graduation party.
Thank you for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...