Saturday, August 23, 2014

Can You Tell I Like Flowers?


We've actually had summer-like days recently.  The air is on inside and the pool is used outside. Ahhh true summer where swimming is necessary if you are outside.  Love it.  Also love the fact that I have air conditioning inside. LOL

I have been busy making cards of course.  Here are some of them.
This is one I made yesterday because I need some thank you cards for all of the lovely ladies who made cards for Operation Write Home, the cause of the month on Splitcoaststampers. I sponged the background then added the flower.  I love these flowers.

I have been looking for cards made by mixing colors of Blendabilities. I found a card here.
Sandi MacIver shows it on her card along with using the white pen. She mixed the lightest cabana and daffodil to get the green in the center of the flower. If anyone has other examples of mixing colors of Blendabilities I'd love to see them.

 This card was for the Friday Free For All challenge where you couldn't use more than two words on your card.  It's also for the Queen For The Day Challenge this week.  Elizabeth uses a lot of Pure Innocence girls so I chose to make this card and use her layout.  I paper pieced her dress and used my new SU Word Bubble Dies to add my sentiment.
 This was for last weeks inspiration challenge.  I stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink then colored with Copics.
 The next two cards are for today's Inspiration Challenge.  The site had water-colored cards which were just stunning.  I had to make two cards for this challenge!
 This is the retired SU stamp called Stipple Rose.  It will remain in my collection until death do us part! LOL
This is for Audrey on the Teapot Tuesday Challenge and the Ways to Use It challenge. If you look closely you will see the gold spray on the darker areas. I stamped in black then colored with Copic markers. I spritzed in gold, then added the ribbon and verse. Decorative dots was used to emboss the base layer. I hope Audrey likes this.

If you are the praying type would you please pray for my friend, Val?  She is in the hospital with diverticulitis.  She has had many health issues since she fell at work 5 years ago.  It's been one thing after another.  She is a Christian and would love a day without pain.  Thank You.

My niece and nephew are coming over to swim today.  Their parents need some time alone, so Tim offered to take them for the day.  They love the pool, so it shouldn't be difficult keeping them happy.

Here's a song called, Live It Out Loud-LITO by Press Play.  Take a listen:
Blessing of the Day: We can have Nick and Lily here today so my Sister-in-law can have time with her husband without kids.  She used to do that for us when our kids were little.

Thank you for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...