Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Simple Woman's Daybook August 19, 2014



The Simple Woman’s Daybook

FOR TODAY August 19, 2014

Outside My Window...We had a thunderstorm going with lots of lightning to light up the sky.  Loved these storms as a kid.  We'd watch the whole world light up for a few seconds. Great memories.

I am thinking...that it's weird seeing Sarah come home from a shopping trip that I didn't take her on.......:(  She's driving now.

I am thankful for...Chuck and Maryanne and the Bible Study we do each Tuesday.

From the kitchen...It is quiet since no one has the munchies yet.

I am wearing...Jeans a t-shirt and flip flops.  Time for jammies soon.

I am creating...soft looking sponged scenes using a new stamp set called World of Dreams.
 
I am going...for a check up tomorrow.  Always hate to get on that scale................grrrrr

I am reading...Loving by Karen Kingsbury.  I just downloaded God Less America which was recommended to me.  I hope it's not as depressing as it sounds.

I am hoping...for a good report on blood work tomorrow.

I am hearing...thunder and my Air1 Christian music.

Around the house...it's quiet as the kitten and cat are getting along which won't last long.  There will be hissing and chasing as soon as we want to go to sleep.  Isn't that always the way?

One of my favorite things...snuggling up with a good book and a blanket.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:Tomorrow we're going to Chipolte at SouthPark Mall for a fundraiser for Parma Heights Christian Academy.  If you're in the area, come out to eat and PHCA gets 50% of your total!  A win-win in my book!
 
Tomorrow I have a doctor's appointment. Friday is Pizza and Cards night, Saturday my niece and nephew are coming over so their parents can have an evening out.  Praying for good weather so they can swim.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...This is a card I made for a challenge on SCS.  It was also an image that I'd stamped at a friend's house and needed to use it.  
Do you do that?  Go to a friend's house and stamp images that you like and bring them home and put them in a box and forget about them?  I do, then challenge myself to color them and use them.  



It's a weird transition time.  I saw a friend post something on FB about the first day of Kindergarten and the feelings Moms go through.  It's very similar for moms who have a freshman in college or two kids going off to be missionaries.  
  Not empty-nesters but not needed as much as we used to be.  Both kids can drive and now we're helping Rachel learn how to drive.  Ben needs her to be able to help drive back to Texas in October.

Check out this new song to me called Hope is Right Here, by Shawn McDonald.

                                                    "Hope Is Right Here"
Welcome to the search for meaning
If you’re alive, then you’re feeling
what it is to be happy, lonely, broken
To be human

We’re all the same when it all comes down to it
All looking for hope when we’re going through it
At the end of the day it’s not far away

Hope is anywhere, any place we are
There’s nothing you need to fear
Because His love is reminding us
Hope is right here, hope is right here
Hope is here

You are not alone in the moments
When you’re afraid
He holds them in His hands
So you can rest in the promise

This world may not be home
But that don’t mean we’re on our own
Because His love is reminding us
Hope is right here, hope is right here

This world may not be home
But that don’t mean we’re on our own
Because His love is alive in us
Hope is right here, hope is right here

Blessing of the Day:We got home before the thunderstorm hit.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Museum, Flowers and Cards

 The Cleveland Children's Museum Friday, my son and I took his daughter to this incredible Children's Museum on Euclid Ave. at 40th....