Saturday, August 16, 2014

What a Whirlwind of a Week



I can't believe it Saturday already.  Where did this week go?  Monday, Sarah and I went to CCC West to see her counselor.  We got a tour of the campus and a checklist of all she needs in order to be ready to start classes August 25th.  I felt so good leaving that appointment.  I felt Sarah's needs would be taken care of.  She's not crazy about school but I explained that if she wants a 2 year degree and some independence from us, she has to pass her classes.  That will get her a ticket to the college of her choice to finish up a 4 year degree.

I saw this and was reassured that I am his daughter no matter what is going on in my life.  Enough said! :)

Depression is a difficult thing to deal with whether you are the one depressed or the one who loves someone who is depressed.
I got my stamps from Stampin' Up's Holiday Catalog.  I really fell in love with this set with the pine needles and pine cone.  I stamped the images and cut out one pine cone and added it with a dimensional.  I also covered the image with the negative of a cut out I used for another card.
I was playingaround with this set and came up with a few different cards.  This card was stamped off so the colors were muted.  Then I stamped the ornament and colored it with Blendabilities.  I used a Ziggy pen for the gold and silver wire for the ornament hook.  I used versamark for the pine needles at the bottom.
Here's another  card using the same set.  I stamped full strength then made the ornament bold as well.  I again used a negative from the card above.
Not sure which card I like best, but I love the blue cut out on this.  It seems to bring out the blue in the ornament.
I got the wreath stamp set too.  What a neat thing Stampin' Up has done.  They put a tab at the top of each ornament piece so it can easily be lined up to stamp or cut out with the framelits.

Here's one of my favorite cards today.  I loved making these nail polish bottles.  I especially liked painting them with crystal effects then added dazzling diamonds.  Here's where I got the directions from.  Connie's blog is full of fun things to do.
Wednesday, Sarah passed her driving test.  It was a long day for me but we celebrated by going to Panera for dinner.  She's been finding any reason to go places in the car now that she has a license.  Please put us in your prayers.  My job as Mom is to worry, and her job is to drive safely.  I've put her safety in God's hands with my prayers.

Time for bed, have to get up and go to the 8:15 a.m. service tomorrow.

Blessing of the Day: Tim and Chuck fixed the snow blower!
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

1 comment:

Stampin' Mom of Four said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...