Monday, August 25, 2014

My Baby Is In College....How Can That Be?

Today was Sarah's first day at CCC West Campus.  Where has the time gone that it's time for that already?  I've seen all ages of moms post pictures of first days of school.  Can't get a picture of the first day of college for obvious reasons, but for the moms out there, it doesn't change, not matter how old they get, it's hard to let go. I had tears today as she drove away just like I did when I left her in day care for the first time.

 I've asked God to take care of my Sweet Sarah.  She's almost 18 which in itself is hard to believe.  God please help me ease into this new stage of life.

Ben and Rachel are aiming for October 1st to be on their way to Texas and more missionary training.  Once again the house will be very quiet.  Change is so hard, sometimes.


This afternoon when I went to check out Splitcoaststampers.com, I got this!  They were doing maintenance on the servers.  I thought I'd get a borning page reminding me of the maintenance but got this instead.  Made me laugh.............
Here is my card inspired from Christyne's found here
I kept the basic layout but changed the colors from blues to purples. 
I stamped the image twice and colored with Copics. I tried to show berries that were turning and those that were ready to pick. I cut the image in fourths and added it to the rectangle frame. The image was added with dimensionals.

This is the first time I've colored these berries with two different colors.  I looked at images of blackberries online and saw them that way so I tried it.  I like how it turned out.
I saw this image on a blog yesterday and cracked up.  All I could think of was 'hot flashes', not hot outside! LOL  I ordered this and can't wait to play with it when it comes.
This is the interlocking gate card I made today for the Technique Lover's Challenge on SCS.  It was quite easy actually. Check out the easy directions found here.  I will be making a few more cards using this technique and experimenting with different shapes.  This is a belated Anniversary card for my sister and brother-in-law.  I cut the text to fit into the heart and like it better than a long line.

Here is the inside of the card.  I love this Lullaby designer paper from Stampin' Up.  The text is from a Sweet N Sassy set called, Anniversary Innies.  
This is a new song for Francesca Battistelli called, He Knows My Name.  God brought it to me today as I came to Him tonight.  I've been in need of prayer over a few things and I can't do any of it in my own strength.  I need God and need to let some of this go.  When I heard this song it filled me with such hope and love from God.  Thank You God for tending to my hurts and upsets.  Let me know what you think of this song.


Blessing of the Day:God Knows my name and has drawn me near to comfort me.
I also heard my dear friend is home from the hospital.
Thank you for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...