Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Card Making Weekend!


Saturday Jane and Jan came over to stamp.  We had lots of fun.  When we get together like this we're supposed to bring a card for the other two women to make.
  This was my card.  Love how it turned out.  I'm trying to use my designer papers, brads and ribbon.

This is Jane's card.  We used dies and punches to make this.  It is so pretty in real life.  Tried to make the bench darker away from the light.  Not sure if I succeeded or not, but I like Jane's card.
Isn't this the sweetest bunny?  When I saw it on someone's card I just had to have it.  I added my own text.  This is what I'm going through and it seems the perfect solution to this stage in life.  Too bad I can't carry a fan around with me. LOL
Love this stamp set.  She is just perfect for so many sayings.  This is one of the ones she comes with.  I watercolored the background and love how this turned out.
This is an image from Patti, and I added the word bubbles from SU.
Isn't this the sweetest scarecrow?  Jane got her in Dayton, at Marco's Paper.  We all stamped a few and made cards with her.  I made a patch-work quilt behind her to go with her hat.  I paper pieced the hat and embossed lines behind her.  I tried to do lines both ways like the plaid of her hat, but it didn't work.
This is another stamp that Jane brought.  I colored it and added the border stamps Jane brought.
Isn't she sweet?  Looks like my marker was running out of ink.
I was so happy with this scarecrow.  I paper pieced only the band in her hat, then colored her hat with Copic markers.  I even found some old, retired plaid ribbon!
This is one of my new House Mouse Stamps.  I think she goes perfectly with this SU stamp, seize the cake.
This is a fun geranium petal stamp that Jan had.  It is very old and no longer available anywhere.  We had fun with it.  I love the Sweet, stamp set from Amuse Stamps.  Love how it stands out on this card.
This pair of cuties was made for the Monday technique challenge. Joan challenged us to curve our stamps around our image.  I've got to find some more saying that I like with these two.
I've been blessed to be able to make cards for different organizations.  Thank you God for all the blessings you pour down on me.
Blessings:I got to swim in the pool for over an hour yesterday and loved the serenity of it.
Thanks for stopping by and being patient for me to post to this blog.
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...