Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Fun and Family


Sprinkling or raining? This is the debate.
What a fun video to watch......You Poked My Heart.......awwwwwww



Here's a scarf I just finished for myself.  I went to get my scarf from last year and couldn't find it anywhere, so I knitted one with yarn I found on sale.  This took about a day to make.  I love the colors and the fluffiness of it.
 Isn't this a cute card? I made it for the clean and simple challenge. The challenge was to use wildlife.  Isn't this House Mouse so cute?  I know mice are cute in stamps and movies but not in person!
 This is my card for the color challenge today.  The colors were rose red, mossy meadow and black.  This is a stamp from Our Daily Bread Designs.  Love this!
I saw this on Joann's website and it's a stamp.  There are a few people I'd like to send or give this to, how about you?

 I want to try to make this lamp post. Thought it was cool and wanted to share it.  The blog I found it on is at the bottom of the image panel.

Today was a busy, busy day.  I got up early and went to PHCA to pick up all I left there Thursday.  I caught Patti and Emily up on Ben and left.  From there I dropped off all of our cardboard, then mailed Thanksgiving cards.

From there I went home so I could go with Ben and Rachel to lunch with Grandpa Craig.  He love the place we went to.  He had a corn-beef and sauerkraut sandwich and loved it.  He said the sauerkraut was just sour enough.  He loved the coffee, the service and the food.  I'd say he'll be back sometime.  He wishes it was closer to him not us!  LOL

After that we came home and got Ben's dressing changed and his finger cleaned.  That was a bit stressful for us and Ben.  

Next we went to Grandma Dottie's house to wish her happy birthday and to give her yarn.  She spends a few hours a day knitting squares for afghans for the homeless.  We all have a need to be needed you know?  This is what keeps her going.  

Grandma Dottie is 83 today and struggling with short-term memory issues.  Her brain is showing blockage in the short-term memory areas.  It is so hard for her to deal with.  It is hard to watch and hear how upset she gets as a result of this.

Thank you God for keeping Mom going and for allowing her to feel a purpose to help others.  With all she's had to deal with, I'm so glad she hasn't given up.  She appreciates what we do for her.  I took Ben and Sarah for a visit which was nice.  I learned some things about her  growing up in PA that I didn't know.  
Thank you God for those nuggets of the past.

Blessing of the Day:Time with Mom and Tim making dinner for all of us.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings, 


No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...