Friday, November 28, 2014

Thankful Day-Happy Thanksgiving 2014


What a wonderful day we had.  Tim and I left at 12:30 to drive to Columbus for Thanksgiving with my family.  Most of the family lives here in the Cleveland area, but my sister and brother-in-law invited us all to Columbus.

There were 20 of us all together.  My sister and her family weren't able to come since one of her kids had strep.  My sister and her family from Wisconsin came and so did my sister and brother-in-law's father and brother came from Illinois.

We had ham and turkey, dressing, cranberry and orange sauce, mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls and salad.  It was all yummy, then came pies.  We had pumpkin, apple and pecan pies with whipped cream.

My sister and brother-in-law made a little speech about the importance of family and the matriarch and patriarch that were in the room who made it possible for the rest of us to be there.  They told of the role the eldest played in showing us and raising us to see family as important.  There wasn't a dry eye in the house......

 Tim and I started for home about 8 p.m.  I drove but about 45 minutes north of Columbus we started to drive through snow storms.  We'd drive through snow, then it would be clear.  No salt trucks had been out, so we ended up slowing down to about 40 mph to get home safely.  It was scary!  A guy ahead of us started to spin out, and luckily regained control of his car.  Tim was driving by then and he hit the D3 button which slows us down without the brakes......I thank God Tim was driving by then because my instinct would have been to hit the brakes.  We would have been into the grass in the middle of the interstate with several other cars!!

I thanked God for his traveling mercies for us and the kids on their way back from their celebrations.
Today Tim and I went to Yours Truly Restaurant for lunch then to the Cinemark Theater to watch The Mockingbird Movie.  It was a nice time together. 

Tonight we had cards and pizza.  Brianna and her boyfriend, Scott come over and eat pizza with us then they all play cards.  I don't play cards but have more fun listening to them laugh and have fun.

Tonight I made this card for the inspiration challenge on SCS.

I didn't do any Black Friday shopping.  I don't usually do that.  I don't want to fight for things as I shop.  With many places allowing shopping on line, I do that instead of going to the store.

Time for sleep.  I will be going to Jan's house to stamp tomorrow.
Blessing of the Day: Time with Tim at lunch and the movies.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,




No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...