Wednesday, November 19, 2014

This and That on a Snowy Wednesday

I saw this the other day and posted it for my teacher friends.  It's too bad that being a teacher makes you the enemy to so many people.  The state doesn't think teachers can teach without all sorts of mandates.  The mandates aren't paid for by the state, just mandated and the districts have to pay for it to happen.  Teachers are also testing kids to death.................Gone is the fun in teaching and learning.  I know I got out at a good time.  The private schools don't have to do common core nor do all the testing that public schools do.  I'm blessed to be where I am right now.
Isn't this the cutest picture?  Sarah showed it to me.  So I showed Sarah this video.
This is so cute with mini food in it.  Love seeing the little hamsters eating the food.

This card is for a gal on Splitcoast who had surgery.  We were asked to make a humorous get well card for her.  This is mine.  This gal is a nurse, so I thought she'd get a kick out of this image. :)
She couldn't get any sweeter, could she?  This is Phoebe in Rachel's Snuggy.  She slept there for a long time yesterday.  Tonight while we watched the Cavs game Phoebe slept on top of it.  Did I tell you she got sparkly caps on her front claws?  Hers are pink glitter but you get the idea.  These caps are glued on her claws after they are clipped.  It keeps her from tearing up the furniture even though we have scratching posts.  It's what they've come up with instead of removing the front claws.  I guess vets don't like to do that now like they did when we had kittens.
Soft Nail Caps For Cat Claws ILLUSION PURPLE GLITTER * MEDIUM SIZE * Purrdy Paws Brand
This is the card I made for today's sketch challenge.  Isn't he a cutie?
This was a funny video about Thanksgiving I thought I'd share early.



I saw my mom today.  It's always bittersweet.  She is so upset about her short term memory loss.  She goes to the gerontologist tomorrow and I told her to let him know how she's feeling about all of this.

My sister who is an RN sent a light up for Mom to use to help with her mood.  It is to increase the amount of light she gets because it's now winter and we get so little sunlight here in Cleveland.   It's a nice light that has a timer that Mom can turn on and it goes off after 15 minutes.  She can do this a few times each day.  We'll see how this goes.

Well, it's time for sleep.  Gotta get up early tomorrow to get to PHCA to volunteer.
Blessing of the Day: Spending time with Mom.
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...