Wednesday, January 21, 2015

God's Been Keeping Me Busy





This song came to mind while  I was doing my quiet time.  The two pictures above have two of the verses I read as well.  I'm so glad God promises to be with us always as soon as we ask Him to be the One who directs our life and path.  I've added the words below.

These words spoke the most to me this morning.  

Neither life nor death could separate us
From the eternal love of our God who saves us



                          "Promises" by Santus Real

Sometimes it's hard to keep believing in what you can't see
That everything happens for a reason even the worst life brings
If you're reaching for an answer and you don't know what to pray
Just open up the pages, let His Word be your strength

And hold on to the promises (hold tight)
Hold on to the promises (all right)
Jesus is alive, so hold tight
Hold on to the promises

And all things work for the good of those who love God
He holds back nothing that will heal you, not even His own son
His love is everlasting, His faithfulness unending
Oh, if God is for us who can be against us
So, if you feel weak

Just hold on to the promises (hold tight)
Hold on to the promises (all right)
Jesus is alive, so hold tight
Hold on to the promises

Neither life nor death could separate us
From the eternal love of our God who saves us

Neither life nor death could separate us
From the eternal love of our God who saves us

Just hold on to the promises (hold tight)
Hold on to the promises (all right)
Jesus is alive, so hold tight
Hold on to the promises

Just hold on to the promises (hold tight)
Hold on to the promises (all right)
Jesus is alive, so hold tight
Hold on to the promises

Neither life nor death could separate us
From the eternal love of our God who saves us


This was a fun card to make. It reminded me of the black paper we drew on that had lots of  colors underneath or a velvet painting! LOL 
I stamped with versamark on black paper. I heat embossed with white embossing powder. Then I colored with my blendabilities on the white. The fun part is that you can color outside the lines and no one will see it! :)

I saw my mom last night and she obviously is still upset about her lack of short term memory.  My brother was talking to her and reminded her that it could be a whole lot worse!  She thought about it and said he was right.  I told her that was a good thing to hang onto.  She also needs to enjoy the moments with people and 'be present' in them and fully enjoy herself.  Even if she doesn't remember, she will be very happy for a portion of her day.  

I know it's easy for us to say these things because it's not happening to us.  However, we all can learn from this.  We all have things we repeatedly complain about, yet do we do something to fix it or just go on complaining?

We too have a choice just like my mom to continue to wallow in the 'stuff' we complain about, or do something to change it.  My mom can't change her short-term memory loss, but she can rejoice in other things that she can do.

Last night she gave me almost a hundred 7"x 9" knitted rectangles to donate to Warm Up America.  It's a program that has people knit or crochet rectangles. These are then taken to craft stores like Pat Catan's and Joann's and collected.  The stores then have several days where they ask patrons to come in and help piece these together to form warm blankets for the homeless.

I remind my mom that she's changing lives right from her living room.  She doesn't have the best memory but she has beautiful hands that knit for the homeless.....God is good, all the time.

Blessing of the Day: I rode the bike for 15 minutes and walked on the treadmill for 15 minutes!  Thank you Tim for the encouragement. 

Thank you for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...