Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Happy Birthday John


Today is my brother's birthday.  He and his family live in Florida.  I hope their weather is gorgeous.
Happy Birthday John.

Today I'll begin my day by delivering 50 cards to the Cleveland Clinic Hospice at Home group.  I love doing this ministry.  It makes my heart feel so good to use the gifts God's given me to help others.

It's about 20 minutes from me so it's not a bother to drop them off.  Jennifer and her staff love to look at the new cards that come in.  I know the cards are appreciated. I love being able to serve others like this.

Isn't this snowman just adorable?  He's a favorite of mine who sits out on display to remind me to use him.  I made him for the clean and simple challenge on SCS Monday.  You were to use a snowman.  The white dotted paper is a new designer paper that Stampin' Up put out where you color it with the color of ink you want, to go with your card.  Then you wipe the blue off on the dots.  It's cool having paper that you can add your own colors to.

He is colored with Copic and Blendabilies Markers. I added Wink of Stella in white and gold to him also.
 Isn't this a fun card?  This was for the yesterdays color challenge on SCS.  The colors were crumb cake, real red and espresso.  As soon as I read espresso, I naturally thought of coffee! LOL  This is paper pieced and masked.  I stamped the middle cup then covered it with a mask as I stamped the cups on each side.  I also stamped the stamp on crumb cake and the designer paper  and layered the sleeve on top of the whole cup that was cut out.  I used the word window punch to make the stir stick.  Tim says he'd like to see the stir stick be able to be pulled out.  That's the first thing he tried to do when he looked at the card.
 This time of year this image is popular around here.  Although I guess compared to the East coast we don't have anything to complain about right?
Here's a song called Messengers by LeCrae, give it a listen.We're all called to be messengers for God.  How are you doing with this?  Not so good here.....I know I have to work on this.

Blessing of the Day:Dropping off cards at Cleveland Clinic Hospice at Home.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...