Wednesday, March 4, 2015

A Better Day

Dear Lord,
Today was a better day for me.  Thank you for that.  I know it was all you and not me.  I got so much done today. I know you know that but I want to let you know that I know that. LOL

Today was spent working around here and getting things together for tomorrow and Friday's groups of kids that I'll work with.

Dinner was a favorite:meatloaf.  Love those kinds of meals, mix and pop into the oven for an hour or so.  Seems like dinners have recently become Google moments on one topic or another.  Last night our topic was the Little Rascals....were any alive, how old were they when they died.

Tonight our topic was primates that Sarah saw in her zoo trip with her anthropology course.  This one was creepy or cute depending on the picture you saw. This is an aye-aye (pronounced I-I)  They live in Madegascar and are hunted because of the long middle finger they have.  The locals believe they are bad luck.
Aye-aye lemur
These aye-ayes are actually related to lemurs.  They bore holes into trees and remove insects with their long middle finger.


This is the card I made for today's sketch challenge.  I love to sponge and haven't done it for a while.  I am still trying to use up my retired designer paper from Stampin' Up.
Give this new song by Colton Dixon a listen.  I've included the lyrics below.  This really touched me and helped me recently.  I hope it helps you too.
                                                       "Through All Of It" by Colton Dixon

There are days I've taken more than I can give
And there are choices that I made
That I wouldn't make again
I've had my share of laughter
Of tears and troubled times
This is has been the story of my life

I have won and I have lost
I got it right sometimes
But sometimes I did not
Life's been a journey
I've seen joy, I've seen regret
Oh and You have been my God
Through all of it

You were there when it all came down on me
And I was blinded by my fear
And I struggled to believe
But in those unclear moments
You were the one keeping me strong
This is how my story's always gone

I have won and I have lost
I got it right sometimes
But sometimes I did not
Life's been a journey
I've seen joy, I've seen regret
Oh and You have been my God
Through all of it
Through all of it

And this is who You are
More constant than the stars up in the sky
All these years of our lives
I, I look back and I see You
Right now I still do
And I'm always going to

I have won and I have lost
I got it right sometimes
But sometimes I did not
Life's been a journey
I've seen joy
I've seen regret
Oh and You have been my God
Through all of it
Oh and You have been my God
Through all of it
Oh and You have been my God
Through all of it
Blessing of the Day:Feeling much better today.
Thank you for dropping by today.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...