Monday, March 9, 2015

Crazy, Cards, Columbus

It's been a very busy few days.  Thursday and Friday I literally ran all day at PHCA working with kids.  I love being busy and helping kids, but wow, I haven't done long days like that since I was working at Parma Park.  By Friday, I was ready to sleep when I got home.  I'm surprised I didn't fall asleep in my dinner!  LOL

That brings back memories of my kids doing that when they were little.  Sarah Annie would stand in her crib at daycare and watch what was going on.  The ladies tried everything to get her to take a nap.  She'd lay down and at the first sound of a noise, she'd be standing up looking around.  The ladies would apologize  when we'd pick Sarah up and we'd see that by 6 p.m. she'd be falling asleep in her dinner.

That was hard for Tim and I because we didn't get much time to see her.  In time however, it resolved itself.

I saw this on FB and thought I'd share.  I thought it was kind of cute.

So good to be reminded about God's power and abilities.  They are far beyond our comprehension.  So glad He loves me in spite of myself.

 This is the card I made today to honor the featured stamper, Laurene.  Here's my card first, then hers.
 This is the card I made for Saturday's Inspiration challenge on SCS.  The inspiration for this card is the cherry trees below.  I love this stamp set from SU. I used Copic markers with this and like how it came out.
View of a Japanese garden in a park with blooming cherry trees
This is a picture of Columbus, Ohio where my sister, Patty and her husband Allen live.  They invited us to visit for the day so Tim and I drove down and had a great time.  Patty and I have been making afghans by crocheting.  She showed me how to do the moss stitch and a border, and I showed her how to do a ripple stitch.
We had a great lunch at Panera then went back to their house to continue talking, laughing, drinking coffee and eating scones!  The day went too fast.  We made plans in May to do a return visit.  Hoping they will accept our invitation and visit before then.

I feel the need to thank God for all he's given us.  He's giving Ben and Rachel the chance to go to Africa in May.  They are both done with studies for now and are on spring break.  They will begin pulling things together for their trip.  They need to book their flights, get shots, figure out what to pack, etc.  So thankful that You, God, are guiding this process.

Blessing of the Day:
Celebration!  Sarah told us that she got the job at the local greenhouse!!  So happy for her.  She begins training this week.  Thank you God, you enabled her to do this.

Also, Ben and Rachel were home from house sitting so we had a full table once again for dinner.  It was wonderful having us all together again.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...