Wednesday, May 27, 2015

One of Those Days


Have you ever had, "One of Those Days?"
Well I did.
  I was on my way to Joann's (the store) near Great Northern for yarn for Sarah Afghan.  I hadn't been to this store in a long time if ever.  So I looked it up on my maps app.
I knew I needed to go 480W so I was on 71N heading to the 480 split.  A car next to me wanted to move over, so I moved over to let them in and when I looked up I was heading East on 480 now instead of West.  So I got off at Brookpark and started down the road.
On my left was Holy Cross Cemetery.  That is where my family members are buried and I hadn't been there in a while and it was the Memorial Day Weekend so I pulled in from Brookpark Road.

I normally go in from the other end but thought I'd be able to get where I needed to.  I drove right to where my dad's grave is which freaked me out since I hadn't been there in years.  I got out of the car and walked right up to where I thought it was, and lo and behold, there it was.  It had a flag because all of the veterans go a flag.  I took a picture of it since way back in 1983 people didn't have cell phones with cameras and you just didn't take a camera to the cemetery.

Then I went to my grandparents graves, in a crypt.  I found them just as easily.  My grandfather had to live 21 years without my grandmother.  They were some of the saddest years for him. There were happy times, but to have your wife die in 1977, then one son die in 1983 and another die in 1989 was almost too much for my grandfather.  His whole immediate family was gone.  I can't imagine that at all.

Well I figured God wanted me here so I took pics and sent them to siblings who are not in the area.  Not sure what to do with the photos myself, but I have them.

So I continue on my way down Brook Park road on my way to Great Northern.


 Well, my phone holder kept falling when I got close.  This map app. took me behind the strip stores down from Great Northern mall.  Then it took me to Lorain, and had me turn into the front of the strip stores.  It had me continue into the strip store parking lot but down almost to the end.  I pulled into a spot and tried again to program to Joann's.  The map app asked me if I wanted to walk or drive.  What?  I said drive.  I backed up and turned the car around and guess what I saw?  JOANN in BIG letters down a ways from where I was.  All I could do is laugh.........Okay God, that was funny.

This is the card I made for the color challenge.  We were to use olive, bermuda bay and black.
The black on my card is ribbon.
 This is the inside of a card called a book card.  This is my second attempt.
 This is the outside of my sympathy card.  This will go to Cleveland Clinic Hospice at Home.
Blessing of the Day: I'm learning new things every day.
Thanks for stopping by,
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...