Thursday, July 23, 2015

Kid's Day in Kisumu, Africa

                   Well, it finally arrived, Kid's Day in Kisumu.  Ben and Rachel raised enough support to provide a fun day for the 40 kids at the orphanage.  What a blessing that must have been.
The first picture shows the grocery cart they filled.  Looks like they had peanut butter sandwiches, chips and pop or juice.  What a phenominal experience they've had in Africa.                    

                                       
Ben and Rachel went to the Impala Zoo where many animals are in the wild, like the zebra behind them.
 This is water nearby the zoo. It's interesting to see the tree submerged like that isn't it?  I don't know the story about this one.
 Imagine walking up to a giraffe.  Incredible.
 This was a playground that the kids went to and had a ball climbing all over the place.


 Swimming at the pool must have been fun.  The front pool looks like a kiddie pool.
 Ben and Rachel are at Hippo Point at Lake Victoria, Africa. They will be home overnight next week, then they are off to Texas.

This is the card I made for the sketch challenge today.  You got to pick the sketch you liked starting at 500.  I chose 503.  Part of my goal is to use my designer paper as much as I can.

This is my verse for today.  I love the bokeh technique in the background. This is so hard to wrap your head around.  "Who is, Who was, and Who is to come"  That's God, He's always existed.
                                     
Blessing of the Day:Time with Sarah.  I love when she shares purchases she's made.  It's a fun mom/daughter time.  She shared Jelly Bellys with me tonight.  She and a friend shopped in several places so she likes to share.

I have finished many cards for the Berea Book Store, so tomorrow I'm taking the cards in.  I'm praying that I sell some.

Thank you for stopping in.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...