Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Loving, Joy, Purpose, Lights

Lately I've been doing some soul searching. More often than not I criticize myself for things I've done or not done.  I came upon this yesterday and it was just what I needed.  If you need it, enjoy it and go easier on yourself.  I will try to take that advice as well.

 I see as we get older that touch is dimished, conversations too. Many older people are in their own home, but with limited contact with others.  It's amazing how much they can change, by having regular conversations, hugs and smiles.  Just being company for someone can make their day.  It's so little to give.  We need to stop thinking of our wants and take care of someone else's needs.
 Take a look at these different love languages.  Decide what you are then find out what your spouse is. This can take a marriage very far when we speak our spouse's love language.  It seems like such a little thing, but it works.
 Lately I've been trying to get back to my quiet time with God.  When I do that I feel closer to Him and I feel joy.
 Have your found out what your purpose is in this life?  What is a God-given talent you have?  I have card making as a talent.  I also like to encourage others.  So, I make cards for others and look for opportunities to make cards for groups like, The Ronald McDonald House, Operation Write Home, and Cleveland Clinic Hospice At Home.
If you haven't found your purpose continue to pray and look for it.  It is something you love to do which gives so much pleasure.  Keep looking......
 This card was for yesterday's Clean and Simple card challenge on SCS.  You had to use a mason jar.  It took me a while to find my mason jar stamps. I then used my framelits to cut out the jar, the lid and pears.  Such fun that the lid looks like material with the twine.
 This is for today's color challenge.  We were challenged to use mambo, indigo and taupe.  I used an aqua painter and the lids of ink to color the image. Then I used these gorgeous oval nesties.  I used a stripes embossing folder for the background.
So I've just discovered this new Christian musician named Dan Bremnes.  I listened to his CD called, Where The Light Is, and enjoyed all of the songs.  See what you think of this.



I continue to have back pain that shoots up my back when I sit too long.  I'm trying to relax my back muscles with heat and ibruprofin.  Praying that soon it will be under control.  I hate to lay around.

Blessing of the Day:Tim and I made homemade macaroni and cheese with smoked sausage tonight. We love cooking together.  We ate out on the screened in porch.
I got to weed the garden today before it stormed.
I got some new things from Stanpin' Up.  I'll be showing you what I got soon.

Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...