Monday, July 6, 2015

A busy July 4th weekend

It's the 4th of July 2015.  Our country is celebrating its freedom. Prayers for those who are serving our country and their families.
I love watching fireworks, but haven't gone to see them lately.  Our city and those around us no longer have fireworks for 4th of July.  Our city does them for our Home Days Celebration.  I love to see the bright lights of color and hear the crowd ooooooohhhh and awwwwww.
                                           
I've been doing lots of praying lately.  Tim's had trouble sleeping to the point of exhaustion.  Yesterday he had to try to sleep while we had company here.  Last night he finally got some sleep.  Praise you God for answering that prayer.

To think that if each person who reads this prays for someone, there will be a never-ending chain of prayers.  Pray for someone today as you read this.
 I love knowing that God will never change.  He won't stop loving me for sins I commit.  He won't exclude me from Heaven because I've been such a disappointment.  He only see me, cleaned clear of sin because of his selfless act of dying for our sins.  Your name is honored and treasured above all other names my Lord.
We've had a busy weekend.  We cleaned and got things pulled together for my sister and brother-in-law to visit for two days.  They came in Friday about 4:30.  We went to Ruby Tuesday and had great meals.  Love that place. They have a great variety of items in the salad bar.  They also have great chicken and mashies.

We visited mom after dinner.  Mom was pretty good.  She is still depressed about her short term memory loss.  We tried to distract her and encouraged her to enjoy the time while we were here.

Saturday was July 4th so we had lunch with Tim's dad.  He just fell in love with Annie and her husband.  The feelings were mutual.

Then Annie and her husband went out to another celebration while she was here.

This morning we got up and had coffee. We helped them pack and they were on their way to breakfast with friends then on to Columbus to visit Patty.

Here's a new song from TobyMac's new album coming out in August.  It's called Backseat Driver.  Check out the lyrics.  I like the beat as well.

Blessing of the Day: Tim feels better and my headache from last night and this morning is gone.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...